Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

hello

9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Belinda,

I am sorry to hear about your car accident. I can certainly see how that would make driving a trigger for you. This program can certainly help. How far are you along so far? Any questions?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Belinda,

I have been struggling with driving on the freeways now that I am getting older. I live in a major city in California. The traffic is much heavier now than it was a few years ago. I have started driving around town a little more again this week which is a good thing but for now I think it's better if I stay stay off the freeways. 

Red..
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome Belinda,

I too have a fear of driving. This program and the people here have helped me get back behind the wheel of a car. I have been involved in several car accidents and driving was one of my biggest fears. I had a set back on the 25th of September but have been able to drive to the grocery store since then and am still making progress. Good luck and we are looking forward to hearing about your accomplishments.
9 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Belinda,

I hope this site helps you as much as it helped me and the people here also.
I have anxiety when driving also, lately its been that.  My panic has pretty much resolved except for the driving part. But I still keep driving....I'm not going to stop.  We have to face the fears and show it whos boss.

I hope you do the program here as it does help. and if you need anything we are here to listen and share our experiences.

Good luck!
Cara
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm new to this group. After being in a big four-car accident last year, I have had much more anxiety over driving. I guess I always have been anxious in many situations, but this year the panic attacks I experience out of the blue are much more pronounced. I found this website today after breaking down emotionally and refusing to make a necessary trip over the busy freeway to run an errand for my mother, which had been very important for me to do for her. Fortunately, my mother realized I was not trying to be unhelpful, but I was having panic anxiety. This anxiety over driving is causing me to avoid places I would normally like to go, like to workout at my gym. I am hoping I can find the support and tools I need in this center. Thank you. Belinda

Reading this thread: