Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Hello Gang My Name Is Richard

13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Richard,

Good attitude. Sometimes you have to rest in the fact that there is a plan in place. You don't care for the meds, but you've got a plan with your physician in place to get off them when you have the CBT skills. That, in itself, is a success for certain! 
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Richard,

Thanks for checking in with the good report. Glad you are doing well and recognizing progress. What are you noticing most has changed for the positive?

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Richard,

Great attitude!!  Keep on doing what every you have to do to get better and never look back....

Red.

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Richard

Hang in there, you sound good.

Riding along with you,

Davit.
13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey gang, just checking in. It has been a very busy week, just trying to get through.  I have had an awful lot of anxiety this week, but still see improvements since starting the program. I refuse to take steps back because I have seen the progress. The exposure that I have done is slow to say the least because my physical panic symptoms (chest pain, breathing, etc) take over. My therapist is insisting that I continue Klonopin until I complete the CBT, but I hate the medicine feeling, but I guess I am going to have to use some meds for now.  Thanks again for all of the advice and encouraging words I will check in later....Richard
Any one notice that only about 20% of the views on the forums are answers to the specific forum and some are repeat members. There has to be a way to get more people to comment.
We don't bite and we are not that boring. 
HI NEW MEMBERS. I do so hate shouting but can't think of any way to get there attention.

Waiting patiently for some new members to say hi. Waiting patiently for some new members.

Davit.
Richard

You have a bigger load than me, yes it is no wonder you have panic. But I did it, I'm free. And you have a lot more to be free of panic for than me. You can do it too. Do you have any idea what an inspiration your struggle is for others here. We the members are a fraction of the people that actually read this and are looking for help. Silently we are helping even if we will never know how much. Ah sorry, I figure you already know that.

Here for you.
Davit.
I have been on IVIG every 2 weeks for a year and a half now, don't know where I would be without it.  My medical bills run a little over 90K a month, Thank god I am taken care of.  I pay zero, I don't even have a deductible. The way that I retired from Uncle Sam, they have taken care of me in every way. As for the pills etc that you take, I feel your pain on that as well...I do 2 injections a day, 11 prescription meds, and the IVIG every 15 days...but, I wouldn't be around without that cocktail, so I feel fortunate. I also have a 7 year-old son with Muscular Dystrophy, so I have a full plate...Its no wonder I have this panic huh? anyway, I am making strides to improve.

Rich
Richard.

I've never had IVIG, I wanted it but my doc wouldn't go for it. I have a PICC and some of the stuff I've put through it has made me very sick. Both physically and mentally. Some antibiotics give me bad anxiety. Twice for three weeks I wore a continuous flow pump. What a pain in the Butt. Twenty four hours a day. A few times I had a pump set for an hour every four, for six weeks. Boy that really puts a cramp in things. Once I had one that only had to be done once a day. Still. So now I'm just on pills every six hours, what a relief even if one is in the middle of the night. I hope to get my PICC line out this Thursday. I think I'm winning.

So I certainly understand if you have days you just don't feel good. I hope the IVIG works, and I hope your insurance pays for it, I hear it is expensive.

I may be on pills for the rest of my life but if I can function physically I will function much better mentally.

Good to hear from you, wishing you all the best.

Davit.
Hey guys and gals...thanks for all of the encouraging words and words of wisdom.  Sorry I have been a little off on posting, I have IVIG treatment every 15 days and it wipes me out.  Nurses come to my house for 8 hours and put an IV in me, it usually gives me flu like symptoms for a few days, so forgive me if I disappear for a couple days at a time.  As for my anxiety/panic it has been getting better little steps at a time, as for any setbacks for having a good day, that doesnt apply to me, anything good that happens just rewards me and gives me zero anxiety just happiness. I have a deadline for my publisher, so now I have to go write a chapter or two, I will check back in with you all a bit later... Again Thank You everyone for caring!

Reading this thread: