Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Fear and Exposure for my situation

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Autumn-sky,

I agree with Sunny and Tiana, you need some 'you time'. You might also be appreciated more if you were not so available. 

Here for you,
Davit
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Autumn-sky,

Sunny123 took the words right out of my mouth! It seems like it would be very helpful for you to remove yourself physically from the situation every day for a while. Can you set that as a daily goal? Go for a walk, visit a friend, browse through a bookstore, have a tea in a coffee shop... Please try to make time for the program. It will help.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning autumn sky:  Not sure what the answer is.  Just wanted to let you know that I hear you and want to support you through this.  It seems a bit like the feeling of loss of control, that is, you don't have control over this situation.  And since your bf isn't listening to you, you feel stuck with the situation and can't do anything about it so the anxiety and stress is always present.  You may feel that it is out of your hands, you can't do anything about it.  No one seems to value your opinion nor your health concerns.  What to do?  Not sure.  Do you practice the relaxation techniques every day?  Do you journal?  Hope the health educators can guide you through this.  Maybe getting out of the apt. for awhile everyday might be helpful. Hang in there, we are listening. 
Your friend, Sunny 
13 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not sure what exactly i am fearing. I am anxious because of my relationship with my bf and because of the fact that his neice is living with us and having her around me is making me uncomfortable and anxious. My problem with my bf is that he is unable to stand up to family and unable to make me a priority. So what would be my fear. How would i expose myself to a situation. Its not like i'm afraid to go outside, or i'm afraid to fly. I don't know how to deal with this.

Reading this thread: