Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

Hello There

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Damia.

I too am interested in this assertiveness training.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Damia,
nice to meet you! Keep venting here, you will learn a lot and meet great people. 

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Damia,
Good for you for taking the right steps ..how far are you in the program? I'm here about 2 months now.. I was where you are...I'd had enough of living with fear. I have found challenging my negative thinking to be  the most beneificial part  in conquering  my  anxiety....so far..I'm on  a SSRI also..all new to me..  I'm going to check out that book too, and I'd like to hear more about your assertivenes training.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Damia, 
Welcome to the program and support group.  This is a great program and so is the sister site for depression. They have both helped me a great deal.  Once I understood the problem and had the tools I needed to work on it I started to see a lot of improvement in myself.  I am sure you will too.

Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome, Damia.
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Damia,

Welcome to the forums, I found the program every helpful and the people
are here if you have questions. I also wanted to say that Dr. Burns book
when panic attacks is also a great book with alot of good tips.
All my best to you on your journey!

sweatbee
13 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Damia,

I think you will find the program to be a great help to you. Be sure to stick with it.  Set up a schedule for yourself and be sure to include rewards for completing sessions. Panic can be managed, it takes work and time but it can be done.  Many members on the site are a testiment to this.  Be sure to post in the support groups.  The members here understand, some are at the same stage as you (just starting out), others have been with us for awhile and have come leaps and bounds.

The assertiveness training is a great idea!  Have you found it to be helpful?

I look forward to reading more from you.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Damia,

Welcome!
 go through the toolbox. there is a lot of useful info there. I just started on celexa last week so I am fairly new myself but there are some great people that have helped me through a few rough moments 

Kim

13 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey gang!  New to the Panic Center but at a point where I have had enough.  I am in my 40's and have had anxiety all my life.  I started out with skin reactions that I was told were "nerves" and by age 10 had a gastric ulcer.  It has now progressed to the point where I can not be in a crowded place such as Walmart or a grocery store without freaking out.  I am learning that it is actually impacting my life in other ways that I just never noticed before.  Frankly...I am tired of it and want my life back!!!  I have been through therapy before and found it helpful but it didn't stick.  I have been on many different meds but of course did the "I am feeling better and I don't want to be stuck on this for life" and promptly went off my meds.  2 years later had a major meltdown with depression and anxiety and back on the meds I go and right now we are doing a bunch of changing every couple months to find a combo that actually works.  Base is Effexor..lorazapam and right now Trazodone and Ativan. 

I am taking assertiveness training as well as working the panic center program and reading the book "Feeling Good" by Dr. Burns.  Hopefully something will help and I can lead a fairly "normal" life.

Glad to meet all of you and hopefully I can help someone as well as myself along the way.

Reading this thread: