Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hey

14 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jimmy,

Hang in there! Don't be afraid to open up - you aren't crazy and a good therapist will help you realize that! I was afraid for a long time that a lot of the things I thought/felt were my own unique problems and no one would know how to help me with them, and it has been comforting to find out that that's not the case at all. Many people deal with the same issues, and more importantly, many people overcome them and feel "normal" again!

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Waiting can be difficult but it sounds like you are accomplishing a lot.  Try to appreciate the fact that you are on the right path and you are making progress.  You will have to tell us how your appointment with your therapist goes.

Keep us updated.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey

Well I hope so, because I am sick and tired of the thoughts that come across my mind! I have to meet with her for about an hour and a half, so I am worried about that (worried about talking about how I feel and stuff will make me think about it and cause me to freak out.) but I guess it's neccessary to get help. I'll let you all know!

Jimmy

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jimmy.

Good for you!  Oh opening up will help all right and if she is any good she won't think your nuts. You would be surprised what is concidered normal thoughts for a person with panic disorder. I have a wonderful therapist.

Let us know how the CBT goes. Ask about some mental coping exercises.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Everyone

I did post something a short while ago about panic symptoms. I went to the doctors and she is starting me back on zoloft, lamictal, abilify, cogentin and neurotin. These did help when I was taking them (helped me cope better). I am also seeing a therapist for some cognitive behavior therapy. I fear the therapist will think I'm nuts with the thoughts that cross my mind, so I am a little apprehensive opening up to her, but heck, who knows, it may help. Well thanks for listening.

Jimmy

Reading this thread: