Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New Here

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Jen,

Thank you for sharing your story with us and welcome to the Panic Center Support Group. You said you are not sure if your hormones because of breast feeding are causing your anxiety / panic attacks to return, this is definitely something to discuss with your doctor on your next visit.

Have you had a chance to take a look through the Toolbox? There are many supportive tests, which are not daignostic tools, or a replacement for a doctor's advice, but they are there to prepare you with information which you can bring to your next doctor's visit.

There's also a Panic Program available for you. This program is 12-weeks and it is designed to help you better understand your anxiety/panic and give you some ideas on how to deal wtih it. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead.  

These tests may or may not be for you but they are "free".  If you have any question or concerns about the things in your "Toolbox" you can contact us at support@paniccenter.net.  

Also, do read through the posts of others on this forum, as they may share the same concerns and have the same questions you do.

Luciana - Health Educator

14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

I am new here and glad to find this online support.  I am a stay at home mom of 3, my youngest is 14 months, middle is 7 and oldest is 11.  Within the first year after the birth of my second child I experienced anxiety/panic attacks...saw the dr and she had me on Lexapro...was able to get off of lexapro within a year and did great.  Now here I am over a year after my third childs birth and the anxiety/panic attacks are hitting harder this time, and it scares me.  I am still breastfeeding my son and not sure if this is my hormones that cause this or not. Well I tried Lexapro again...and had horrible side effects after the first dose and NOT taking them since the first dose.  I get really nervous/scared driving and doing normal out of the house duties...now I am beginning to have some of the feelings inside my own home. I know I need to go back and talk with my doctor but I have got to get out of the feeling I just can't shake that hits several times a day.  I look forward to any help/suggestions and reading everyone else's postings.  Thanks for listening :)

Reading this thread: