Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

new and scared

15 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Juday,
I pray your doctor was able to help you. Just typing my true feelings helps me a ton. Knowing others feel the same way makes me realize I am not "causing" these attacks, but I can to proactive things to slow them down. It's hard for strong women not to have control.
~Rob
15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are all strong women (and the men too, but this does seem to hit women more).  I know too how easy it is to forget  how strong we are.  I've been reading the various posts and I want to reply to all and say something that will help, but I think it does help just being here and reading the struggles and the kind words from those that have been there.  I think this is a great place!
15 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carmen,

I really like your thinking.  It is very healthy.  Good luck on going back to work.  Who knows you may actually like it?!?  Maybe seeing all the people work with and being social will be nice.  Lets hope for the best! 

You are right you are all very capable and strong people.

Ashley
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Judy,

I too understand.  I am like you in the sense that I can normally pull it off and be incredibly strong.  However, due to a series of events I too have lived the last three months in fear.  It has kept me a prisoner and the frustration of feeling like it is so dark and scary is overwhelming. Days of lows so low that I didn't know how I could breathe another moment.  I will encourage you and say that I am seeing the light.  I am getting about 3 good days now in a row before the fear overwhelms me.  Even when it does start I fight.  I tell myself (sometimes for hours) that I am ok, that others go through this illness and survive every day.  That I am making progress.  That I am strong and I am not crazy.  Fear is an emotion and I will not let an emotion control me.  I also had to let go of my phobia of ativan and start taking it in the daytime if I absolutely have too.  I take it religiously at night to sleep (another fear of mine is not sleeping and without the ativan becomes a self fulfilling prophecy). You are doing the right thing going to your doctor.  You can do this.  I am facing a fear on Tuesday of returning to work.  Don't know how it will go but my tip to myself and others like you facing a fear is to say "so, what's the worst that will happen?"  I'm not going to die.  I may not feel good but I will live.  I also do have options.  I can try and if it doesn't work I can get my doctor to give me more time off. This keeps me from going off the deep end of fear about it. A fine line.
Small steps Judy...... Don't be ashamed.  We are all normally very strong and capable people who have fallen into this.  It's rotten and difficult.  But we are in this together and you will start to see bits of sunshine in your day.  Grab them when you see them.  Hugs...Carmen
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Judy,
I've just came back to this site. I find everyone always helpful here and I find all the comfort here. I hope you find it here too. And as everyone says, you are not alone. Great steps on joining and seeing your doctor!

15 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Judy,

I definintely know how you feel. I constantly fear and worry about both my physical and my mental health and some days I get really really scared about my health and in turn i experience anxiety or panic attacks. I found both the forums and the toolbox very handy. It was great to hear that I was not alone and I have received great support from other members about my condition. I like to come on here when I start to get really worried or scared and it seems to calm me down a bit just having the reassurance. The toolbox has some great tools that have helped me quite a bit!!
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Judy,

You are not alone. I have been where you are before. It does get better though. Talking to your doctor is a good step. Starting the program here is also another great step. So welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judy,

Welcome to our online support community!  There are many people within this support group that share the same questions and concerns as you.  We are all a group of individuals who support each other.  

If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests.  These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physician's advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor.

We also have developed a Panic Program.  This program is 12-weeks and involves the tools mentioned above.  Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead.  

These tests may or may not be for you but they are "free".  If you have any question or concerns with our “TOOLS”, you can contact us at support@paniccenter.net.  We are open to any questions or concerns you may have.

Please continue to strive forward and lean on us for support.

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hullo Judy

You are definitely not alone. I struggle with the same things, and many of my friends would be surprised to discover that the strong woman they see is not who they think she is! You are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor and accessing this website.
Good luck
Lara
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 This is really new to me. I have never had any thing like this before. I am usually a very strong woman and able to work things out for myself. Not this time. I feel like it is a continual feeling of fright. It seems to be getting worse. I am going to my Dr. tomorrow. Hope it helps. Anybody else have the continual feeling? It doesn't go away.
Judy

Reading this thread: