Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Sometimes I have lots of Anxiety- but I do not have panic attacks

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bob,
Welcome!! And thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Lately I have not been progressing on the homework but I find these forums as helpful (or MORE) and I think you can get a lot out of it, just interacting with these great people and you know you are not alone, so welcome, welcome!

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob

I agree with everyone else... My panic attacks are few and far between now...although I did have a small one yesterday... but I have just read through what applies to me and hope that the rest sits in my "memory" for when I need it...lol..

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  I find just having everyone to share my feelings & experiences with has been a real comfort.

Dazed
15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to thank everyone who gave me very good replies...and I am so happy I am not alone. I made so many notes in the first section as I found this material to be so exacting and also helpful in identifying the problem. I will continue the program and address the anxiety and avoidence issues. Again thank you for your replies much appreciated./Bob
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bob!

I agree with DB and Breanne. There is a way to tailor this program to behelpful for anxiety of all kinds regardless of panic attacks. Plus, if you have any questions ask them here on the forum and you should get answers! The people here are great! I get the anxiety too, not always just Panic attacks and I found the program helps for that too.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Bob!

It's great to hear that you have read through the first section. If you are not suffering from panic attacks, but do feel nervous, then I would take darkblues advice, and I would also tailor the homework to your personal experiences. Identify the situations that make you nervous, and work with that. You can work on challenging your thoughts, and if it does happen that you do avoid a situation that makes you nervous or anxious, identify the situation and work on decreasing your anxieties.
We are here to help, support and encourage you, every step of the way.
Let us know how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Bob, and welcome to the forums.

I am in a similar place to you.  I haven't suffered a panic attack in months now, but still have that residue anxiety that can be just as dibilitating.

I personally have continued with the program and just have ignored or answered N/A to the questions that do not apply to me in the program.  You can still get a lot of good out of it, even when you are no longer having panic attacks.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
DB

15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read all of the first section. I throughly enjoyed all of the information.
Personally, I have not had a panic attack in quite a long time. What happens to me is I get very nervous and the anxiety goes up and then when needed I avoid the situation.
How can I do the homework when I do not have active panic attacks? I hope I am understood by what I have written and sure would appreciate any and all feedback.
Thanks Bob

Reading this thread: