Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

First Time Here

15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breanne,

The causes for my anxiety varies.  This recent bout is due to the rift between my husband and I.  It's been hard on me and knowing I have depression and his expecting me to be better.  Every time I think we've connected I find another roadblock to getting back on track or I just over analyze and then I don't react correctly. 

I have panic attacks thinking about messing up, panic attacks when I go to bed at night, and panic attacks when I wake up in the morning.  I also have these attacks if my husband fails to call me, if he deviates from "normal" behavior, and when I think about how I would ever beable to deal with only seeing my son part time if my husband decides I can't change enough to satisfy his expectations.

I've been working through the sessions on the Depression Center and it has helped.  The complication of these panic attacks are making my progress slow.  Not to mention how having one of these attacks makes me unable to function well. They're rather numbing.  It's like being shutdown by depression but with the added annoyance of the heart pounding, tingling/numbing, lightheadedness and disconnected twilight zone feeling.  Together they are preventing me from being able to show my husband that I'm still the same person but just not able to deal with everything he thinks I should be able to. 

Mom of 3

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,

Have you been able to pin point the cause of your anxiety? Sessions 2 and 3 of the program are very helpful to help you understand and challenge your anxious thoughts. Keep working though the program and learning about your anxiety.   Behaviour therapy is one of many ways that people deal with depression and anxiety and many people experience great success rates with it.

Members,

Please share what methods you've tried to help with your anxiety and how successful they've been.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome Mom of 3  . Hope you are feeling an insy winsy bit better now . I totally get what you are saying , iwas very very over weight and that got me down alot .
My panic attacks returned in Jan of this years with avengence . I was having 10 majour panic attacks a day which lasted weeks . I was on edge every waking second and try as i must i couldnt bring myself down . I did try very hard as well , and can honestly say if i hadnt been here i dread to think what would i be doing now . People here are so understanding and supportive , and KNOW what you are going through .
Now its took months but i only get few attacks a week now and not on the scale they was before where i felt i couldnt breathe and shook so hard my teeth rattled ! I still havnt taken my meds , thats only because im frightened too but am considering taking them when my MIL comes to stay ekkkkkkkk im waffering , we are famous for this now on here  . My point being is you will feel better and hopefully really soon . Come here as often as you can when you feel like that . Im usually around ( yeah ive been awol last two days but home is pretty bad atm) . I check updates quite alot , my time zone is pretty unfortunate living in UK as well .

Take care CD
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I just wanted to stop in and say welcome to the forums :)

-Diva

Hi Minnesota,

Weight gain is something I can't afford.  I've been battling to lose the extra weight I've been carrying for a while.  Being heavy fuels my depression while being thinner makes my confidence rise.  I'm short and there's obesity in my family.  I'm going to a gym and the workouts really make me feel better. 

I'm trying to deep breathe with a panic attack.  I am having some success with that.  I hope it continues

Mom of 3

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi mom of 3,
I didnt want to go on meds either, but they do help a lot, so I did and i'm doing a lot better.  Of course its up to you, but I find that I need the meds.  I have gained a bit of weight but i'm doing a lot better and i'm not moping as much, and not as miserable.  Thats just me:)
Hi Breanne,

I went to the Doctor a few weeks ago and he offered the anti-anxiety meds but I had found the Depression Center and decided that I wanted to try to handle my issues with behavior therapy.  This was just after my husband had given me the ultimatum for change.  I've had alot of ups and downs with this thing, but have noted that the panic attacks have become more frequent instead of less.  I even had an attack at work that shook me up.  I'm usually able to go to work and concentrate on it, but it didn't work.  That was when I began looking at the Panic Center.
I wake up shaking and often go to sleep the same way.  It's gotten really bad lately and I need an outlet and some work on this area also.  If things don't improve soon I may be calling my doctor again.
Thanks again
Mom of 3
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,

Welcome to the site! I understand that you feel overwhelmed by the amount of sessions, so please take your time. As you know, we are here to help and support you along the way.
Have you visited your family doctor recently to discuss medication options?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI mom of 3, this is a great site, i've found so much support here and everyone is so encouraging.
Welcome :)
Hi everyone,

This is my first time on The Panic Center site.  I recently joined the Depression Center and it has been a huge help.  I;m here because my panic attacks are on a high level and it's really causing me problems.  I figure it can't hurt to address this issue also.  I take an anti-depressant but refused an antianxiety mad because they often make me feel like a Zombie.  With the depression level so high right now I don't think I can handle that feeling also.

I plan to do the sessions also, but feel I will be slow due to also doing the sessions for depression. 

Mom of 3

Reading this thread: