Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

a long introduction

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isabella, Welcome to the Panic Center. If you read through some of our forums, you'll find that many have felt just as you do now. If your still uncertain about starting medications, keep asking your doctor questions. Start working through the program and feel free to ask us questions. We are always here to help. Your embarking on a journey. This is a learning experience. It will take some time. Just take it one step at a time. Keep us posted on your progress, Danielle _______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am 23 years old and started suffering random panic attacks in August of 2004. I still attended college and hung out with friends, even worked in a mall. Then I got pregnant and around the beginning of my second trimester the panic attacks went away but the anxiety remained. At the end of my pregnancy I developed pregnancy induced hypertension so they induced me and I had a beautiful baby boy. After that they said the hypertension went away but at my 6 week check-up it was sky high and I was put on meds right away. All of the suddent the anxiety was back full force, I worried about dying of a stroke or heart attack, I developed agoraphobia, and I worried constantly everyday. It is now to the point that I hate going to class, going shopping, going grocery shopping, going to restaurants, and even hanging out with friends. I started therapy and I've gotten slightly better. I even went to the doc to get on meds because I don't know or like the person that i've become. I was a leader, I was extroverted, I was fun to hang out with, I was someone people went to to get advice, I was even funny. Now all I do is worry about going crazy or dying. I only have 2 quarters left for my B.A. in Psychology (funny isn't it how I learn techniques, know the terms, know and understand causes but can't seem to apply them to myself)and I can hardly make it to class and when I'm there I am talking myself out of a panic attack. Can anyone relate? Any advice? I am so scared to start the meds but I want to because I can't keep going on like this. I am worried that I'll have an allergic reaction or some horrible side effect. Anxiety is horrible and my fears are irrational but I can't seem to get past them. Any encouragement is welcomed!! :8o:

Reading this thread: