Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

New Girl in town

20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shawn, Welcome to our online support group. If you look to the left of the screen you will see the heading "TOOLS". Here you will find that we offer a range of tests, diaries, and most importantly our Panic Program. Our Panic Program is based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychological treatment. It is a combination of cognitive therapy, which can modify or eliminate unwanted thoughts and beliefs, and behavioural therapy, which aims to help the individual change their behaviour in response to those thoughts (Online Health Encyclopedia, 2004). The Panic Program is divided into twelve weekly sessions. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. We hope that these are the coping methods that you are looking for? Remember, these tools are free Shawn! If you have any questions or concerns to get you started please feel free to post them on the site or e-mail us at support@paniccenter.net. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon! Take Care, Melanie
20 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Sue for the info, I will speak with my doctor. Thanks everyone else for the welcome.It's really nice to know your not alone. Shawn
20 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for that info! I started my panic attacks as soon as I got pregnent. I don't have them as much since my baby has been born but i still have them where I never did before I got pregnent. Especially right before I start my period.
20 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi i'm not new to this site and have recently posted a message about the connection I've made with the menopause and anxiety. Whilst this is different from your situation there may be a link in that both are hormone related. I was put onto HRT in December, I know that isn't very long ago but the change was nothing short of miraculous ! I no longer have any anxiety and I just know I will not have another panic attack. HRT may not be appropriate to you, but Im convnced ther is a hormone link, and wonder if this might be worth you chatting to your doctor about. Good luck ! Sue
20 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder how many anxiety sufferers didn't have this problem until after giving birth to one of their children. It really makes me wonder how often anxiety in women is caused by their estrogen and progesterone being out of balance with each other. I've never had kids myself, but I've struggled with PMS for years which some say is caused by estrogen dominance. I've noticed that most of my worst episodes of anxiety happen during the last 2 weeks of my cycle.
20 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shawn, My panic attacks started about 3 years ago too, after the birth of my second child. Welcome to the site. Hopefully will speak to you again soon.
20 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! My name is Shawn i'm a 27yrs old mother of 3 and wife to an awesome husband. I started having panic/anxiety attacks about 3yrs ago after the birth of my third child and it's has been there sitting on my shoulder ever since then. I am currently taking Paxil CR and have been however I still feel symptom weekly and am always scared of having another attack like all of you it's something that has changed my life and terrifies me. I often miss being the strong independent person I believe I once was. I am hoping to maybe learn some methods for coping and it is very comforting to know i'm not alone. I also hope maybe I can help ease someone else mind with what i have experienced over these 3 seeming long years. Thanks Shawn :p

Reading this thread: