Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Tension tremors

21 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tremor, I have similar experiences that I can relate. I find my fingers trembling slightly on a fairly regular basis and my lips and forehead or top of my head sometimes go numb, get cold or tingle for no apparent reason. I also had an MRI and a CAT scan and both showed no problems. I am able to will these symptoms away in most cases, by simply thinking to myself that I am not dying, and that they are only being caused by stress. I don't know if that is helpful in any way, but you aren't alone.
21 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
traveler..How about a nice warm bath with the best scent you enjoy, no lights, just candles, and see if it eases up any. You need to relax and I find that a great way to do it to get thru some of the effects of anxiety or depression. Hope it works for you...LUV, SUZY. ;)Now you have one eye closed. Try the other. (after the bath, of course!!) zzzzzzzzzzz
21 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi havetremors...etc.. I think that b/c you have identified that you have had panic attacks, and therefore you know what they are, you are qualified to decide that your tremors and tingles are not anxiety. These ARE symptoms of this disorder, but the key thing is, how do you feel when they happen? Are they caused by anxiety, or to they cause anxiety? Also, are you on any meds? Tremors are common side effects. Keep looking, you'll know when you find your answers, b/c it will make sense to YOU. Beth
21 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Havetremor, This must be awful. I really feel with you. I wanted to ask you, are you really certain in your own mind that there is nothing physically wrong with you? I had a similar experience, not with tremors but with chest pains, and although everybody kept telling me everything was ok I just didn't believe them. I kept thinking they just didn't look properly, and I was really very very sick. I think it is important to get it absolutely straight in your mind that you are safe, you are not physically ill, and you are not going to die. Well, you are at some stage, but not right now - you know what I mean. All the best, Marianne
21 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been experiencing tremors for about a year now. My doctors tell me that it is anxiety. I went to see a neurologist and he preformed a MRI. It was clear. The tremors are small they are not like Parkinson tremors, they are like a ?shake?. I also have facial tingling that drives me nutty. This all started about a year ago when I was taking Cipro for an infection that I had. I woke up one night in a panic, thinking that I was going to die. My heart was racing and I was in a cold sweat. These panic attacks went on until I had the MRI, now I only have them once and a while. But the tremors and the facial tingling are still present. Weird dreams are also present. I never really dreamt a lot until I started having these attacks. Now I have real intense dreams to the point where I wake-up and can?t believe that I was asleep. I feel that most of my symptoms are related to lack of sleep. Feelin crazy More to come.

Reading this thread: