Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Happy New Year! Who's quitting?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2022-01-21 1:22 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Self worth

grapeseed

2022-01-07 4:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

New Year New YOU

grapeseed

2022-01-07 4:46 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Goals for the New Year

Ashley -> Health Educator

2021-12-31 6:08 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Browse through 411442 posts in 46971 threads.

149,142 Members

Please welcome our newest members: renie, osctech88@yahoo.com, Trevor64, mjason, moslund

Self worth

15 days ago 0 grapeseed 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Anna

I hope you are feeling better. It's ok to have down days. I have been feeling awful for Weeks but I'm starting to feel more positive today. You can get through it. I know the holidays cab be tough for a lot of people.

Grape

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry you were feeling down the other day. If you feel like it, it might be helpful to write it out. I would be happy to listen (read). You're not in this alone.

Ashley

a month ago 0 Anna 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hi Ashley,

Yeah I did, it helps me a lot. But as of today, I am feeling down again and worthless not because of my work but today due to my sibling. It is really hard to explain but life is complicated :(

Hi Anna

Did you have a chance to check out your sessions? How are you doing?

Ashley

2 months ago +3 Anna 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 3

Thanks for letting me know about this, I will check all the sessions and will be more light on myself.

2 months ago (Edited 2 months ago) +2 Ashley -> Health Educator 11051 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hi Anna,

Feeling worthless or like your life has no meaning is a very common symptom for people who suffer from depression or past trauma. It is also common in people who are very hard on themselves when something goes wrong. If you feel this way, take it as a sign to work in your mental health. I am glad you are here, as this program can help. I think the Depression course would be the most helpful if you are having those feelings. Specifically chapter 8, Core Beliefs.

I think it is common for people to assess how they are doing in life. It can be counter productive if we are too hard on ourselves and are seeing things negatively. Assessing how we are doing can be healthy. Feeling worthless is a sign we have some mental health work to do.

I am interested to read what other members think about this topic.

Thanks for posting!

Ashley

2 months ago +2 Anna 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Is it normal to ask yourself, am I worth it ? or am I doing fine ? Because sometimes it is okay to be silent than to be heard. We may be sad, mad and lonely but there will always a time in our life that we are going to ask ourselves about our worth. To some people, they may think that we are just creating a nuisance or we are just "OA", overreacting to things, but on the other side, we are actually drowning and we need someone to help us, to guide us. Maybe it is a cliché but is there anyone else out there that is also suffering from this kind of thinking ?

Reading this thread: