Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Feels Like a Major Setback

6 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great feedback and it helps also for those  who have this situation. 
7 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I certainly feel for you and what's happening to you. Bravo for putting your message out there. It's always a risk to say what is going on. I didn't realize coming off of meds would have this effect upon a person; I am on meds myself and in the last 5 years I have only removed one of the meds. 

I wish you well and like everyone is saying to you," you are courageous". Perhaps now is not the time to deal with your in-laws; my experience is not many people truly understand mood disorders even when they try. So hang onto what support you have such as your husband and keep posting. 

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Walker!

First of all, I have to say you are doing amazing. I know it doesn't feel that way but I certainly see how far you have come. Congratulations on getting off the medications. Huge achievement right there. Also, dealing with family stress can be very triggering for many. The fact that you are continuing to exercise and do tasks around the house despite not sleeping and despite not feeling well emotionally is awesome! Truly. Please give yourself some credit. You are working hard during a big trigger and a small set back.

Set backs like this are common and normal when it comes to depression. Be compassionate with yourself, keep using the skills and coping tools you have learned and recognize that this is temporary. You have come a long way and learned a lot  - all that learning is still there but there may be a bit more learning you can gain from this experience. Figure out what needs tweeking and you will be back on track. What are you learning from this experience?
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THank you. I appreciate your feedback. At this point, although the anxiety/panic have quieted down, depression has draped over me for the last two days. Its a big disappointment for me right now.  
7 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello
First off I think we forget to give ourselves more credit then we deserve . It's so hard to find the positives and the progress ... Especially when your tired .. From no sleep .. Tired from fighting panic .. And tired from anticipating another attack ... With that said .. Way to go feeling confident stopping all your meds !!!! Hugggge step! I'm still quite dependent on my klonopin as I feel like I could die wo it .. Seriously .. I'm not able to control all of my attacks wo meds .. Ughhh heck Ya your family ... In laws .. And no meds are making you feel like your having a set back !  Avoiding triggers right now while your dealing with no medication is ideal .. Easier said then done .. Ik especially this time of year and holidays.. Gosh my family was unbearable .. Preying u have days with calm and peace and some nights with sleep 
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been dealing with anxiety, panic, and depression for over a year. I gave my medical resignation in October 2015. I spent most of 2016 in bed. Things started to look up around this last October. That's when I decided to get off of the Clonazepam. To do this I checked into a detox center where not only did they take me off of Clonazepam, but also the seroquel and Cymbalta. Its been 3 1/2 weeks since I've been back. A good part of this time I've been going through Cymbalta withdrawals. I can also say I have seen improvements in myself during this time as well. 

Last night I had an argument with my husband over his family, yet again. Today has been a very hard day so far. This can be attributed to a few things. I've only been sleeping on an average of 4 hours a night over the last several days. I worked out yesterday hoping to sleep better, but didn't. I'm having a conflict with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, at least I think I am, but we haven't really spoken, so I can't confirm this. All I can confirm is that I they haven't responded to my text......ugh. I had an argument with my husband last night when the last year of "being in bed" was thrown in my face. Although, I believe he would truly be a superhero if he hadn't felt anything from what our family has gone through over the last year. 

These could all be triggers while coming off of everything.....right? I haven't had an AA/PA for about 6 wks., I think. I've been up and active for 4 days straight. Today, I had a hard time getting up. I made it to the treadmill with my husband's encouragement. Then I made lunch for my son and I. I rushed up to my room because I couldn't hold myself together. All my symptoms came back with a vengeance! 

I'm panicking over the idea that I'm back. I don't know what to do with this. I don't want to go back! I want to keep moving forward, but my mind is ridiculously powerful right now. Today, my distraction has been t.v.-no medication still. I don't know if this is normal. I am frozen with the exception of what I did and this post I'm trying to capitalize off the last 4 days and what little I did this morning. How panic robs me of this within seconds is beyond me. 

I need help. Please help. 

Reading this thread: