Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Another Setback

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eles7

It is not what you do just before bed that causes or prevents panic at night but what you do during the day. What you do just before bed sets the conditions for replay at night. Negative or positive. If you meditate with the condition that you have to then you set yourself up to replay negatives associated with the conditional attempt to prevent them. 
If you meditate on something positive with nothing more than a few peaceful moments before bed and let the chips fall where they may you are more likely to have positive replays at night. 
Recovery can not be forced.

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eles7

I hope things improve for you soon.  It is very frustrating and disheartening when setbacks occur.  It feels like all the work we've put in was for nothing. 

8 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cardio tech, 
I too have recently had a set back where I am unable to sleep and my mind won't shut off despite how tired I am. I try to meditate before bed but I wake up to a panic attack. Like you I hope this will get better. 
Doing a bit better.  Still not like I was a week or so ago...but a bit better than before.  Thanks for asking Davit.

Traveled to my sister's place this weekend and got to spend time with my fur-niece, Madison.  She's the best anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med there is.  You know you're loved when she pees on the floor because she's so excited to see you.  

Watching the last few regular season Blue Jays games.  Very excited for post-season baseball.  22 years is a long time.....

Cardio Tech

How are you doing, does the weekend help. 

Davit
Richard went with me to get the truck and while we were checking it over the water pump got noisy. So I didn't buy it. 

Back to looking, or sell the boat. Nah, my car is old, I need a newer vehicle, might as well get one that will pull the boat.

I like turkey sandwiches. I hope your set back passed.

Davit.
Thanks Davit

I had a turkey sandwich with my dinner....and couldn't think of anything else.

You "think" you bought a truck??
Hi Cardio, 

Just here to remind you that you have been here before and you will pull through again. Butter flies the size of turkeys, wow. I don't think I ever asked what you use for coping skills? You do know set backs after a holiday are common. 
Here is a technique you can try. Take the bottle of Clonazepam out of your pocket and look at it for association and reassurance. Then say "if I can stay calm for 15 minutes I'll be fine", and think calm thoughts along with deep breaths for 15 minutes. A long time so if you are at work you will have to work too. Fifteen minutes is how long Benzos other than Ativan take to work so there is an association with the benzo. This is placebo effect. When it works, it works pretty good. If anxiety sneaks back feel the bottle  in your pocket for association and reassurance. 

Davit. 

PS, I think I bought a truck today, it might have been a stupid thing but you can use it to haul around your turkey butterflies and give your stomach a rest.
Calm thoughts my friend.
8 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah I know exactly how you feel, I've been through the exact same thing and still going through it to a lesser degree now. I find comfort in knowing there are other people out there who identify with what we are going through. We are in the right place to learn ways to cope...I always remember the words of Dr Claire Weekes "...when that panic or anxiety comes just accept it and float through it to the other side"..all the best!
Sigh......

I have been doing so well over the last 5 1/2 weeks or so.  

Back in the middle of August my anxiety got out of control (again) and my doctor gave me some clonazepam to help me get over the hump.  I took it for a week...and was then on holidays from work for 2 weeks and came back after Labour Day.  I was feeling well...my anxiety was very low...and I was starting to think things were turning around for me.

Now today (actually starting a bit yesterday)...things have started going downhill and I can feel myself getting VERY anxious again.  

My chest hurts, my tummy has butterflies the size of turkeys in it, I feel like I'm choking, and 100 other anxiety symptoms.  

Before going on holidays I had a very bad habit I would use at work to try to ease my anxiety.  Since I started the clonazepam...I haven't even needed to do this to help my anxiety....but I broke down and did it today.  I'm disappointed in myself for doing it....and it really didn't seem to help (not that it was helping before).  

Anyway....hopefully this is just a small bump in the road and I'll get back to feeling better (and more hopeful) soon.

Reading this thread: