Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Avoidance

8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank yo all for the support and advice!
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Catherine: Just a little reminder in cause you didn't notice. There are a quite a few positive in your post. You got your kiddo off to school. You didn't give up and You did reschedule. Keep your focus on the positives and you will do well..Best of luck to you with next meeting....:) Red...
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can I change that a bit to next time you want to go. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Next time...tell yourself you WILL go to the meeting....no matter what happens the day/night before or how you're feeling that day.  It wont be easy but you can do it.  

Let us know how it goes.  Good luck.
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I was supposed to go to a meeting for a job search help group… Last night, when I went to bed I panicked. I ended up having three panic attacks before finally sleeping. I woke up early this morning because I had to help my kiddo get ready for school. I felt really poorly. I felt anxious and my digestion is all off. I ended up cancelling and rescheduling my appointment. It will be in two weeks. 

I feel horrible for avoiding and delaying. It makes me feel like I am taking giant steps backwards...

Reading this thread: