Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Self Sabotage

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

It looks like you and Ashley have it figured out :)  Keep us posted!

Shari
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I suppose I also have a lot of guilt which is why I panic and apply for jobs. I feel bad that I am not working. Money is very tight.
My husband is being so understanding, he figures in order for me to ever work full time I need the tools to make that possible. The courses are for panic, anxiety and depression so I know they will help.

I just feel sad that I can't buy things for everyone and go on fancy vacations.

Sunflower
11 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That sounds like a great idea!

Ashley, Health Educator
I think what I will do is try to sleep on decisions. What I mean is that if I want to apply for a job I should talk to my husband first and then wait a bit.

Sunflower
Interesting.

How do you think you can learn patience? 
Ashley, Health Educator
Shear panic is what got me to apply. Also I applied when I was feeling very good and positive but in a way hoping they wouldn't call. Does that make sense? Also, the money would help though I really only need a part time income.

I suppose I need to learn patience.

Sunflower
Hi Sunflower Painter,

Good for you for coming here and posting about this. We can listen and help you sort out your thoughts.

I'm curious, what made you apply for the full time jobs? What motivated you to do that?

Ashley, Health Educator
I have noticed a pattern popping up in my life. I find that when I am in a panic I run off in all directions and make silly decisions.
For example: I am not working right now but have been accepted into 2 programs where I will get one on one help with panic, anxiety and depression. So what do I do? I apply for 8 different full time positions instead.

I know full well that working part time is best for me right now. I know that working part time would mean I would get the help that I need.

Why do I keep doing this to myself? It's like I keep on making my situation worse. I know I need a plan.

This was my plan which I got help from Shari to set up.

1. Get help through some organizations.
2. work part time or casual.
3. Build up to full time eventually.

This was a good plan. A great one!

But no, there I go apply for full time work. I interviewed and probably got one of the full time jobs but I know it isn't even right for me lol.

Sheesh. I need to get me on my own side :)  Anyone else panic and run around like a chicken without a head?

Sunflower

Reading this thread: