Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Need a friend

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, your post made me smile.
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You bet! :)
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sunny,
Good morning and thanks for the congrats.  I like you, do look forward to working on my projects each morning.
Its good to hear that you are enjoying working with your clay again.  I am so happy for you.  We are getting better aren't we and it feels so good doesn't it, to be able to enjoy life. 

Red
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:  Congratulations!  So happy for you.  Learning something new and meeting new people too.  It can be very exciting. You will never forget this past exposure work you have gone through.  You'll remember it for another time and you will know that you can do it. Since doing my clay work I can't wait to get up and start. Bet you feel like that too.  
Hi Davit,

Your sure got that right.  I have really been put to the test with this quilting class.  I was about to give up on my project.  I was just so frustrated.  I cried and cried thinking I would never be able to get it right.  I picked myself up with some help and tried again and I am starting to get it right.  I am learning how to quilt and I am also learn how to be around people in the outside world.  It has been hard.  It has been scary.  It have been challenging.  It has been fun.  It have been funny also. 
It has been worth every minute both happy and sad.  I would not change one minute of it.  I am learning so much about myself and the world and the people in it.   I am learning how to live and love life.   It is really wonderful!!!

Red
Ashley,
I have been thinking about your post here on failure since I read it a few days ago.  It has really helped me when things don't go quite the way I want and has encouraged me to keep on trying.  I am still going to my class and learning how to quilt even with all the mistakes I have made.  I am learning to quilt, I am learning how to be around people in the outside world.  I am learning so many things.  My failures are turning in to successes.  Tnank you Ashley  for your post.

Red 

14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are all right ! Patience has never been one of my strong suits....mind you after having been married for 22 years to my dear husband , I have improved in the patience area LOL.
All kidding aside, there is no one more critical of me than me and I have to learn to give myself a break.

Davit ,
You are a very wise man. I think I will copy what you said down and put it up on my fridge. Thanks.

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Success is the ability to fail till you get it right. Patience is the ability to fail without giving up. Determination is the ability to not let it bother you till you DO get it right. How do you know when you are right if you have no failure to compare it to. You can't fail here you can only learn. And learn we all do.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley that is nice advice I'd like to borrow. Thanks

Loved ones give me a lot of pressure too to be the best that I can, and I try to see this as a good thing to keep me going. but sometimes showing that your are not 'perfect' is a relief to loved ones too.  I always forget this though.

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadowkins,

I understand.  You are worried about letting down your family.  From what I have read I really don't think you would let them down, they sound very supportive!  Also, I always think no one can really achieve anything without failing.  To me failure just means learning. Fail doesn't have to be a four letter word.  I had a great teacher once who said, "go out there and see how many times you can fail!" She would want us to come back and celebrate with the class any failure we did make! So there you go shadowkins, keep on failing and we will celebrate your learning with you.  Sooner or later we will be celebrating your success

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: