Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Hellllo

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEy CD,

Sorry I missed you before your operation! Nice to see you again. And hey, nobody minds the post and run, we are just happy to get news of you! Please keep us posted! Hugs to you hun!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cornish-dee,   Good to hear the medication is working and that you're feeling wonderful .  Well wishes for a speedy recovery from your operation!   Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jo , CM & Brenna , cheers for the reply . Would have replyed earlier but this site wouldnt accept my password for two days  .

Jo im on Sertraline , think you guys call it zoloft . Started a few days on 100ml , when i first started on 50mls a few months ago i found them the easiest tablet i have ever had to get used to . Yes the first night i was way off scale in anxiety , but thats only because i had that terrible reacction to Citapram . I worked for weeks to take the sertraline . I have to take it at night time , and can literally feel the wave of erm dunno how to word this . Good emotion/feeling !! Im not so good with words as you can tell .

Arghhh only two days to my Op , its my gallbladder they are taking out . Everyone i know has had between 1 & 7 nights in hospital for that . I even have to catch a bus and taxi home because my husband cant drive and we live so far from the hospital so you can sort of understand why im extra nervous . Saying that my mother-in-law was out the next day after having a cancer op .

If i had any doubts about having the op they are gone now . Last few days pain has hit me with avengence .

I am going to watch my son perform in a dance show tommorrow night for the first time so am excited . He's been working so hard for this . Hope i dont show him up , .

Running again lol , will get back properly !
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoa now, here's a blast from the past!

That's good to hear about your daughter.  I'm sure you got a whole laundry list of things to do from the school...but really, the fact that they are dealing with it in the manner that they are is a good thing.  It means they think you and your hubby are good parents!

If you don't mind my asking, what meds are you on?  I was considering going back on, but a bit hesitant just because I don't need that roller coaster feeling anymore.  And the op sounds like it'll be quick and easy, like going to the dentist. 

Glad I got to hear from you though.  Don't mind the post -n- runs, take care of what you need! 
But know we're here if you need it, or if you just wanna say hi!
Cheers!
15 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ya CD:

Glad to hear everything has settled down and your meds are working for you.

Long may it last.

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CD,

Glad to see you back in the forums after your short absence. It sounds like you've had a bit of a crazy go recently but things are starting to settle down and fall into place. Good for you for working so well with your doctor to adjust your medications accordingly. 

Looking forward to hearing more updates soon.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone . First of sorry for not being around for awhile now . Life at present is mentle  excuse the pun there .

Jo i went to my daughters meeting with the biggest pounding heart ever , felt sick and all that goes with nervousness and anxiety . I was determined to keep my gob shut and here them out first . Lol i can be quiet sometimes  . Well well , good job i didnt kick off . Seems my over active brain went into hypo-mode . They never mentioned abuse whats-so-ever . Just that she er touches herself . They have given me a few tips to tell her . Very very embrassing but think i have sorted it all now . One more catch up meeting and that should be the end of it . Yippee .

Ok why i have been missing ( and boy did i miss every single one of you ) . I have been quite bad and didnt want to say anything , felt a failure . Plus tbh , am really really sick of feeling nervous and edgy all the time . I suppose im just run down and tired but hey im a mum supposed to be tired . Thats what i tell myself . Beginning to get small panic attacks alot again , but will stress that its nothing like the beginning of the year . Thats purly to do with what i have learnt here .

I saw my doctor today , finally gave in . The meds im on seem to be good for awhile , and i feel bloody great . Oh its so nice to feel like that , even if its just before i drop off to sleep lol . Any-hoo's he has doubled my dose , so later on i will be doing the old body adjusting time thing .

Had a letter staurday , for my Op . Its only next Monday ekkkkkkk that wasnt much notice  . Plus i will be in and out in a day . That im very anxious about .

Arghhh doing my usual post and run but its school pick up time . Nice to be back

TTFN to you all
CD xx

Reading this thread: