Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

going to work

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I reward myself with good music, time to read a good book, with a new movie, with some of my fav food from the restaurant. I reward myself by putting a sticker in my diary. I basically reward myself with anything that will make me happy!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great question Karla!
Members, how do you reward yourselves?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

how do you rewad yourself???!!!

any ideas on how people do it?

Hey Karla! I am glad you have started using the thought challenging tools! And congratulations on going to work and keeping your composure. That is a great success! You should reward yourself!
ok, i have asked myself those questions and i have answered yes to many of them ,as have people who have worked there and still work there to this day they have encounted strange happenings and seen many unexplanable things. it is stated on the internet that it is haunted and has been on most haunted live (tv programme).  i have been there today and had to work in those haunted rooms and kept my composure (thank god). it is very scary tho.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  karla, Below are ten questions you may find helpful in challenging your anxious thoughts:

The following ten questions will help you to challenge any anxious thoughts. When you have an anxious thought, answer some of these 10 questions:

1. Is it "true"?
2. How do I know it’s true?
3. Is it 100% true? (remember something that is 75% or 99% true is  
    not 100% true)
4. What's the evidence for it being true?
5. What’s the evidence against it being true?
6. Has it ever happened before?
7. What's different now?
8. If it were true, how bad would it really be?
9. What's the worst thing that could happen?
10. If the worst thing happened, how bad would it really be?

Please feel free to add any tips or strategies you find helpful when trying to challenge your anxious thoughts.    

Sarah, Health Educator
I think Jow is right. sometimes a safety item helps. But sometimes ultimetely, the best way out is through. You just acceot that you will feel scared and you just do it anyway. Sometimes the best medecine for anxiety is just taking your fear by the hand and taking it out for a ride. I wish I had better advice for you, I truely do. Hang in there, it does get easier!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would keep the number for ghostbusters on hand. 

Honestly though, if you're Christian, keep the bible or something of that nature on you.  I've lived in one or two spots that were haunted, or maybe I was a kid with a bigger then life imagination, but I kept a bible by me.  Whatever your "security blanket/item" is, you could use that...otherwise the only thing you can do is find that inner strength that says "screw you ghost, I'm working to buy christmas presents and you aint stoppin me, no way, no how!"
can anyone else suggest what i could do?or if youve been in a situation like this?
well basically its hever castle/hotel and anne boleyn who henry the 8th beheaded haunts it as she does many places and a certain room my boss heard children laugfhing in it when noone was around or even staying and that used to be the old nursery. i mean its a very old place, its hever castle where henry the 8th lived. i went to work today and latched on to my boss as much as poss but then i had to go upstairs which scared the living daylights out of me. i have to be up there most of the day tommorow n im dreading it. after that tho there will be people staying so hpefully not as bad.

Reading this thread: