Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Car Crash

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Genejockey,

Sorry to hear about your accident but I must admit I am impressed at how well you are handling this. Glad you are making progress. Please keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to hear you are feeling progress . Maybe a little visit to yout doctor might help . Even just to put your mind at rest with your BP .
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Genejockey,   Glad to hear you are doing great today!   As you work through this program and post here, you will find that your anxiety will become easier to handle and you will learn effective coping techniques. Deep breathing has been mentioned...........get into the practice of doing it often. The great thing about that is that you can do it anywhere..........even while driving!!   Your high blood pressure is of concern to me also. Deep breathing will help with that. Also stay away from caffeine and alcohol as these contribute to high blood pressure. Instead, drink more green tea or oolong tea which are known for their beneficial effects on heart health.     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't think I have ever measured my BP as high as it was last night. But I am doing great today. I feel really tired because I couln't sleep but amazingly I haven't let it affect me. Normally after a scary experience like a panic attack the experience triggers a period of generalised anxiety. Today I feel fine.
Progress!!   
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Genejockey , sorry to hear about your accident . Have a few in the past and i know how horrible they are on your nerves . Lucky i was a passenger as well !

Pretty sure your BP is panic related mine went sky high once when i was in my really awful stage .

Your right this forum is the best and hope it helps you as much as us .

Take care CD
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gene,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. It might take a bit of time to feel 'back to normal', but you'll get there. Take some time for yourself, process the accident, know it wasn't your fault, know that you are ok, and remember that you are in fact, I'm sure, and excellent driver!
Congrats on the excellent progress you are making in terms of challenging your negative and irrational thoughts. Keep up the great work

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Thanks again. I am feeling much better for the moment. Tomorrow will be better. These days I move through obsessions very quickly. It helps at least that when I begin to stress about some irrational thought that these days I knock them right out of the park within a couple of days. Better than the early phase where I would obsess about something for weeks. Sure the driving will be the same.

Wow this forum is great. 

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Gene,
I'm so sorry you had to have such a horrible incident. But I'm sure your BP is just high because of how anxious you are. I know how hard that is because once you see your BP is up you might even get more nervous. I find nature to help me relax in stressful situations... even if it's just sitting outside with all the plants. I hope you find your peace. 

Wow. Panic and exhuastion is really messing with my grammer!
Thanks. This evening (it is 3 o' clock here) was hell. I really freaked out and now I feel so unsettled. I haven't worried about my heart for quite a while. I saw a cardiologist who said I had a clean bill of healt- but right now seeing my BP being so high further freaked me out. I am sure that a panic will raise your blood pressure dramatically but also that a healthy heart can handle it the high blood pressure for extended peroids of time.   

Reading this thread: