Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

scared again

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think starting the exercises over is a good idea. I often revise past session when I feel the need to and I still do the homework from past sessions. I find it helpful to move forward. Also, I think it is good that your hubby is nice and has a sense of humor^^ Have a nice day^^ -Diva
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know I had to start over with the exercises, I felt what an idiot, I should have gotten this the first time. Now, I'm actually comprehending what is being said and doing the exercises thoroughly. I'm finding what my source of anxiety is, I think, and hopefully everything else (symptoms) will calm down. My stomach gets in knots, then one thing leads to another with that, then the symptoms and the automatic thoughts start up. Does that happen to you? But I'm afraid to carry on, what if I'm missing something so obvious...one day at a time. It's funny, I told my husband last night about how I was feeling about this puppy, excited and everything but not to get too excited because the feeling of something bad will happen will come along. He just looked at me and smurked. He wasn't making fun of me but he made me understand how ridiculous that sounds. Thank goodness he has a sense of humour.
You are welcome :) Feel free to vent here anytime. I find venting helps lol. Feels nice when people get what you are going through and sympathize. Then I do like you said :Challenge, challenge, challenge my bad thoughts, start Day l... :) So as I said feel free to vent anytime you need support that's what we are here for :) -Diva
You know what, you hit it right on the head Diva, my life is going well, we're getting this sweet little puppy that I've wanted for years now, now we're getting it, I should be soooo excited. I'm afraid to get excited because I'm waiting for the ball to drop, the bad thing to happen. I don't understand how to challenge my thoughts. I did speak to someone professional, and when I was going to her, I was going through a good period, now I'm not and I need her and our sessions are over...she spoke about being fortune tellers (thanks Lorlee) and we're not, but it's hard to turn it off. I'm sorry, I'm just venting. I know it has to come from me and not anyone else...,I know that, but it's hard. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself. It seems that if I do feel awlful, then nothing bad will happen. Challenge, challenge, challenge my bad thoughts, start Day l...thanks for listening, I do really appreciate it.
Hiya Mary :) I agree with Lorlee that many of us have those feelings. For the longest time, when my life was too good I would feel completely doomed! I was sure bad things were bound to happen. Like I didn't deserve a good life or like I was always doomed to bad things happening. It took me a lot of work (very hard work) and it is still taking hard work but I am working through this. I challenge my thoughts and do relaxation when that feeling comes. I try to understand where those thoughts come from and I challenge that! I really feel that I am making headway. More and more I can enjoy the good things in my life. There is hope for us :) Hang in there :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary, I'm so sorry for the way you are feeling. Many of us feel the same way. We always think something bad is going to take place in our lives. I wish I could tell you why this happens but I don't get it myself. We all seem to become "fortune tellers" and think the worst things are going to happen. Mary if you read through the posts others have written you will see you are definitely not alone. When I feel scared I read through them and see that somebody is usually experiencing the same emotions I am. Just continue to work the program here and try to conecct with others. Things will get better!!
Hi, when you say to "identify the source", I think I know where it is coming from, but I'm not sure how to deal with this. I know I must confront my fears, is this the same thing? I'm doing all kinds of "short term" solutions, but know this is not helping me in the long run. I guess I'm just rambling...give me today and I'll let you know
16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary, Thanks for sharing this concern here with us. A very important part of overcoming your feelings of anxiety is being able to identify the source. You may want to take advantage of the tools available in the online program to help you challenge and overcome these fears. Keep us posted on your progress, Casey ____________________________ The PC Support Team
Hi there, I'm having a setback. I know why it's happening, but I can't seem to handle this one. Everytime something good is going to happen to me, I tend to go into these fits, my symptoms take a major roll and then something bad is going to happen. I'm trying to cope, but I can feel myself slipping. We're going to get a puppy for our family and it's soooo exciting, but I'm now feeling that if I do get this dog, I won't be around to enjoy it. I went through the same feeling when we went to Florida as a family. Same feeling and thoughts that this will be our last trip together because something bad will happen. I don't deserve these good things. I don't mean to sound aeorgant(?), but that's how I feel. I'm scared. I'm at the point where I don't want to get excited about this dog, because then the feelings of doom won't come, but I can't live like this. Please someone answer me.

Reading this thread: