Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Shedav6 Setback again grrr

20 years ago 0 148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Melanie! I wasn't sure.
20 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shedav6, Always wait for the next dose after being sick because you never know if the pill has been absorbed! When trying to determine if you have the flu or a PA, try taking your temperature? The flu is usually followed by an increase in body temperature. Try our panic diary and record your symptoms. This diary can be helpful in the future to determine if are experiencing a PA or if you getting sick again. Thanks for asking these important questions today :). Take care, Melanie
Thank you Jen! Glad to know I am not alone. I am hating being sick and it all blurring together.
20 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling too swift right now. I just thought I'd tell you that I had a very similar situation like yours on Friday. I was at work and was getting symptoms of my panic attacks ie: lightheadedness, unsteadyness, tense back ect.. So I started to panic somewhat about having a panic attack. I stuck it out at work and left half an hour early cause I really wasn't feeling great. I was so upset for leaving work! I thought I was leaving because my anxiety was bad and now I will be having a setback. :( Well you know what? I got home and took my temperature. I HAD A FEVER!!!! So!! That means most likely my "Pre-panic attack symptoms" were from a fever and I was coming down with the flu. I worked myself into a state thinking I was going to panic, when all along I was actually not well. I know it is so hard to stop worrying about having an attack (I'm sitting here in a cold sweat before work because I felt anxious there on Friday) but I'm trying to tell myself that my fever is gone and I'm going to have a good day. That is hard to do i know, but I'm trying :) The heat sensations that were running up your arms could possibly be from a fever, however, because you are coming down with the flu (I'd say that is a good bet you are)your mind is freaking out because it feels like a panic attack. Go have some hot soup and relax infront of a funny movie or a good book. I hope you feel better soon! :) Jen
Thank you Becca. I need a hug and support today. =0)
20 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hun please don't beat your self up, and i hope that you are feeling better soon. sorry buti don't have any advice, i just wanted to send you a hug. some times we have to go back to remind ourselves of what we are fighting for. i had the same, no panic then it hit. i feel like they kind of go slowly, 5 one month, 2 the next. i hope that things get better for you soon, hang in there, your doing great, big hugs, becca. xxxxxxxxx
OMG!! Here I have been doing good. Than out of nowhere I get one while trying to fall asleep to my relaxation tape last night. Weeks without an attack. =0( Good news was that I talked myself through it and didn't get up out of bed and pace. Bad news this morning I fear another one. . On top of it I believe I have the flu.......so I am afraid of taking my meds and throwing them up. =0( I am unsure what is the flu and what is anxiety related this morning Question: If you throw up after taking a tranquilizer/benzo do you take another??? Or wait for the next dosage time? Have alot on my plate. Have two very close friends moving (we are military so are they) in the month of February, plus my dh is going to sea in the month of Jan. First time since 2001 I am disappointed in myself since I thought I was handling it all well. =0( We helped a friend move on Thurs. I woke up with a backache (which I freak on since having a kidney stone years ago) thurs morn. But I kept my promise to help the friend move. Friday morning I was so sore and knew most was from the moving. But had a killer sore throat. Yesterday we babysat 5 kids in addition to our crew all day and my sundown I was feeling like ****. Its all running together into a gray mass and I am unsure what is anxiety, what is flu and what is pain from the move. I do know I had the heat sensations shooting up my arms last night at midnight (usually my first PA attack symptom). GRRR frustrated here can you tell???

Reading this thread: