Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Too much frustrating - core beliefs

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aqua

I was the same, and I still am. The things most people like are of no interest to me but I have the art of conversation. I know men can talk about more than sports so I tell them right out I have no interest. We usually find common ground. Too often it is my sex life or lack of it. People just have to pry. My hobbies interest people.

So, I'm a man, tell me about you. This can be a practice conversation. I think you can be more interesting than you think. I'm 64 and turning grey and only a few pounds over weight. I'm short too.

Davit
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Agua,

It sounds like challenging negative core beliefs and continuing to work on exposure will help you in this department. It can talk time and a lot of effort to change patterns in our minds. It sounds like you are doing a really good job at making positive change though. How do you celebrate or acknowledge each small success you achieve? I think you deserve to celebrate all the effort you are putting into this.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I´m thinking a little more deeply... and I´m changing some ideas about myself (I´m glad for it! so I can do something about it). I was thinking since young age that I have a problem with oposite sex, but if I think real well, if I didn´t have this education problem, I still would have nothing to say to them. I have lack of interest in others people life´s, personalities, etc...It´s a litle weird, but I have to admit it´s true. So that´s why I have most of the times nothing to talk with other women or man. I can see that remembering my social contacts since child. Uff, I feel very good to see things in a diferent way, and that make sense to me.
So, if I haven´t this educational problem, what would I be talking with to this men I wish so bad to meet? Today, practically nothing. So may be that´s why I am afraid to approach them, not because they are oposite sex, but because and then???
I will start to work more in how to build genuine interest in others people´s life´s. Because I see, when I have real interest in my job, in hobbies, I stay connected with it very deep way: I search..., I wan´t to know more and more about it. And it´s very pleasent, confortable, satysfying ... doing this path. With people I´m sure works the same way, but it´s something I didn´t developed, don´t know why...

8 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was told by my grand-mother on I was child not to talk with boys and do not make friendship with them. That girls that do that are ****
I´m 40 now, and can not interact with oposite sex, principally the one´s that I find interesting to meet. If I find someone interested in me and I´m interested in him too, I doens´t allow him to meet me. I start turning my back to him, avoiding all kind of eye contact. After a few days, the person totally lose all interest that initally have in me.
This is too much frustrating, we leave to have good experiencies with others, and when I have that oportunity, doors are close to me. I´m having too much pain because of that, and feeling impotent about it. I´m not in peace with myself, I´m not acting acording to my true self. This are making me feel very sick, I feel this is distroying my soul.

Reading this thread: