Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello

10 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Boydr24,

Your post resonated with me, because I read a great book too and did not have panic attacks for one year and then they came back.  I completed this course, here, and haven't had a panic attack in going on 3 years now.  The difference was the support group and Health Educator's.  Because, by sharing your story and asking specific questions about it, you can personalize it to help your specific situation and it works and it continued to work for me.  I still have anxiety sometimes, but the coping skills and relaxation techniques I've learned here, keep it extremely manageable.  As long as we're alive on the planet, there will always be some kind of stress, but we can handle it better with what we've learned on the site.  I am happy for you, that you are here.  I had a panic attack when I registered for this course and posted for the first few times.  Signing up was the best decision I've ever made and I am free again to live my life and enjoy it.  It's turned me from a pessimist into an optimist.  Replacing negative thoughts with positive truthful statements and believing them was key in conquering panic for me.  

Shari
10 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, as for today i feel okay, i generally feel okay unless its hot outside or i go to leave.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Boyd

Fifty years I suffered before finding out about CBT. No more suffering now.

Davit.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Boydr24,

Thank you for telling us a bit about what you have been going through. First know that anxiety is very common and very treatable. One of the best forms of treatment for anxiety disorders is Cogntive Behaviour Therapy and that is what this program is based on. Read the program, do the homework and continue to post in the support group and you should notice a difference soon. We don't have Therapists checking the site but we do have Health Educators who can help answer your questions who have a variety of different skills. You should also talk to your Doctor (GP = General Practitioner). You doctor may be able to point you to resoures in your community.

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
thank you what is a gp?
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Boydr,

Hot days always make my anxiety worse too, and I don't go anywhere without my water bottle and food. So you're not alone with that!

In Australia we have public health care, but I have no idea how it works in America. Have you been to your GP? They can do a referral and maybe talk to you about medication or other options if you want to. This program helps, so keep trying :)

All the best,
Kaitie.
Ya that sounds nice but im in Michigan, everything is just so confusing even worse i cant take medicine im just lost its like take step forward 3 steps back
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In my part of Canada (northern BC) therapy is free with a referral. Referrals are free too. Therapists don't do much more than this program, they just make you do it.

Davit
i just realised i put this in the wrong place sorry
Well im new here, lol umm i am 28 years old, i have always had slight anxiety but when i was 18 i was involved in a horrible accident a couple years later i had my first panic attack. I suffer from agoraphobia i rarely leave the house and when i do i take alot of water and food with me for some reason when my stomach gets that feeling food n water helps a lil bit. my first panic attack happened on a 98 degree day when i had no food or water so i believe thats where the food n water comes in at. i also am afraid of hot days i stay inside with the ac pumping... about a month ago i just snapped and felt like i had enough so i got the money and took a chance on a book it has helped a lil as ive gone outside the house more now then ever in the last 8 years but it still isnt far at all.. i dont have a job or any money for a doctor to help me so i ended up here. im doing the program but i was wondering if there is any free support i can get from a therapist of anything like that?? anyways i hope to hear back from you all soon and sorry for the poor grammar i actually having a panic attack right now

Reading this thread: