Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Alternatives intergrative Medicine

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

I wish you could be there too :)

Thanks, Shari :)
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari,

Thanks for the encouragement and prayer..They are both greatly appreciated..
Have fun tomarrow.  I wish I could be there with you for your meet up tomarrow but since I can't, I'll say cheers to you tonight and have a nice cup of whatevers in your pic with you tonight...

Cheers..
Red...
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

I think that's great that you're taking control of your health and you feel good about it.  Self care is very important.  I'll say a prayer for you too :)  I look forward to hearing about your wellness journey.

Shari
Hello Ashley,   Thank you for your support and encouragement today..I will work on staying strong..

Hello Sunny..Thank you for your support today also and I hope all is well with you two also..

Just a little tidbit here..
I was reading up on alternative/integrative medicine online today and found out that the doctor I am seeing on Friday is one of top doctors in this field and is leading the way with this New medicine as they call it..The receptionist said she may not be able to be my regular treating physician because she is very busy doing research and traveling right now but we can get the ball rolling this Friday when I see her for a consult. From what I can tell from reading on line this alternative/integrative medicine is a bit of modern and old traditional rolled up together..They are teaching doctors how to listen to their patients like small town family doctors used to due..To listen to their patients story and to come up with a custom health care plan that both the Dr and the patient are comfortable with..This New medicine theory deals with whole patient they say. Some of this new old medicine includes Cbt, biofeedback, meditation, healing touch, diet, exercise, medications and invasive surgeries if needed and agreed to by both the patient and doctor. Thats what it says on line anyway..
It should be interesting. I am hoping that this experience will help me learn to deal with the health issues I am having in a much more positive way and give me some direction..If I like what I see and decide to go forward with this I may have to been at the clinic/teaching hospital 4 hrs a day 3 or 4 days a weeks learning how to manage my heart disease and how to live a healthy life. Exercise, diet, healthy cooking, stress management, etc are some of the things I may be learning..I really don't know for sure yet there are still lots of unanswered questions and I am sure there will be many more to come..I am just speculating but am very hopeful at this point that there is help out there and that it will help...I am a bit scared and know this will be a whole lot of exposure for me that's for sure..More than I have experienced in years..I am thinking tonight that I am up for this next challenge now.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer.

Red
11 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red:  This sounds very interesting and it makes sense.  I hope you let us know what it is all about.  Wish there was something here like that.  I'm happy to hear you are doing o.k.
Thinking of you,
Sunny
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Thanks for updating us on this.

My thoughts and heart is with you. Stay strong even when you're feeling like a lamb.

You're doing the right thing and taking charge of you health - feel proud.

Ashley, Health Educator
I am getting ready to embark on a new trail to wellness..That is the goal I have in mind..I mentioned alternatives and integrative medicine in a previous post of Bren's where she mentioned her surgery was postponed..I decided to start a new thread here today.
Well I asserted myself again yesterday and I have made a appointment for this Friday to talk with a Doctor about this. This approach is all new to me, meaning I have not personally experienced this type of care before. We did treat the whole person when I worked Hospice cases. So maybe it is a bit like this. If it is it should help. I was very lucky to get this appointment this quickly..At first they told me I could not be seen till February but when I asserted myself and told them my situation with Diastolic CHF they found an opening for me this Friday..
The integrative approach is based on treating the whole person both invasive and non invasive if needed. So today I am challenging my anxious and negative thoughts and trying to look at the positive outcome that this venue may bring me..I am not ready to give in or give up quite yet. I do want to do all that I can to improve my health both physically and Psychologically..
It is scary walking into the unknown once again not knowing what the outcome will be this time, but I feel it is something I have to do or I will not have tried everything in my power to improve my situation..and God knows I am not a quitter. I am not feeling like much of a Pit Bull today, but more like a Lamb. I am taking a deep breathe and forging forward with my plan.   

Red....  

Reading this thread: