Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Distraction through Meditation

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
It's my original parish, but I went elsewhere since the programmes were more vibrant.  Now the new pastor is really "connected", and brings in all these people he knows.

The heart reference was from the speaker from the visiting organization- I wished I remembered this reference in the morning when I was walking around the kitchen as though somebody had blindfolded me...and it continued all day.

I even soaked a new coat with some oil, since I decided to lubricate the garage door opener.

It could have been worse, since the neighbours have pigeons who won't go away. 

I'd better call the cleaner about my coat - cleanliness is next to Godliness

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, I loved your post.  I am going to reflect carefully on your last sentence during my run today!  It's when I get to do my clearest thinking.  Thank you for sharing this story!
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Interesting discussion Hugs. The first thought that came to mind is the power of music.  Singing as a group has been a big part of many cultural and religious activities  I read an articles recently (I cannot remember where now) discussing how singing together as a group increase overall happiness in the moment and camaraderie amongst the group. It is interesting how the singing was what drew you into the church.

I also like your last sentence. A trusting heart and waiting to listen or be open to others sounds like a very good practice to take up. What about this church even made you come to this conclusion? 

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went outside at night, following a "routine" day of rumination, worry, obsessiveness to run an errand and take a walk.

I ended up passing a church where there was a sung meditation Taize.  I was leery of going, since someone I disliked once, frequented this type of service.

My anxiety, rumination, worry and obsessiveness just melted away as I embraced the chanting which I'd learned years ago, when I was happy.  It's hard to believe I can even say I was happy once. 

I won't get into the religious side, but there was one wondering idea which was offered.

What if every one of our actions, thoughts and motions was preceded by a trusting heart, followed by 3 dots(...)?

Reading this thread: