Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Today was Ok

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Believe it or not you are taking a step in the right direction.  You are thinking about conquering your fears and this is part of the steps.  Exposure work isn't going to be done overnight, so give it the due process it deserves.  Follow it, learn it and use it to help you step by step to conquer your driving concerns.

Post every day with us and let us know how you are doing!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loraina,

I see you have mastered posting!  Contact us via feedback (an icon at the bottom of the page) if you have any more problems and we would be happy to help!  Welcome and do take the time to post, read and gain knowledge.  We are here to support and many members do know what you are going through, so share you story with us!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lance.  You have been a great help and even an inspiration.  It's a tough road - I've tried just medicating my problems away and you know how well that works - not at all.

Have a good night.
Lorainia

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi, if you have questions just post them, like you did and one of the Health Educators (moderators) will pick up on it and help you out. They are very nice. A Blog, it's just a short story about you. It just tells people a little about you. I have been in to computers for quite a while, but missed the begining of the "Blog" thing, so I had to figure it out.

I to have dealt with depression and anxiety issues for the last 7 years, but now I am taking a much more active role in dealing with it. For a long time I just tried to medicate it, the problem was it doesn't go away like that, I found I need to do the work.

This site is a tremendous help with that, tools, feedback and your not alone anymore. You have full time access to people that understand and care. In my recent past I was looked down on for being "weak" but thats not the case. There are reasons we suffer, but I feel we don't have to if we learn and participate.

Nice to meet you.

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance.  I'm from Minnesota and extremely new to this site and fairly new to such 'interactive' computer stuff.  Do you know who can offer directions on how to "post" and what the heck is a blog?

Anyway, I understand your fear of driving. I no longer drive because I get so worked up that I physically can't.  I've let my anxiety, depression and agoraphobia progress to the point of debilitation. I am so happy I found this site!

Take care of yourself.  Hopefully we can talk later (if  I can figure out how - I'm not even sure what I clicked on to get to this page).

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I have been putting off my exposure work, I think since it scares me.

Today I needed to to shop, so i drove to the store and it wasn't bad. I thought about driving this morning to the train and chickened out. So I walked in the pouring down rain.

I could simply drive that half mile, park for free and take the train downtown. But it's on a busier street, there is a traffic signal and it puts me in a situation that I am stuck in. If that makes sense, I have no safety net in this situation at certain points.

I need to move past this, I need to be able to drive anywhere, it is really limiting my potential.

Reading this thread: