Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

open to suggestions

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exposure work is a good start to help progress through this.  What's in front of you is most important.  Use relaxation techniques before driving to keep you calm and collected.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean. I am bothered by the same thing. Not always, but sometimes. I'm pretty good about just not looking in my mirrors constantly unless I need to. I get that strange jumpy feeling in my chest if I see a car pull up to a stop as i'm driving through an intersection or such. That is what bothers me the most about driving. I almost always feel the calmest when I am driving. I think it's cause my mind is on the road and not what is going to kill me on that day. Just try to get use to not looking in your mirrors so much. Before I was a really anxious person, I use to get so mad that people would ride my bumper, now I have to ignore them or I get very anxious. I too find myself driving a little slower than I use to. I guess that's a good thing. I am a pretty good driver but somedays, I don't feel as good as I use to be. I sometimes wonder if i'm spacing out when I'm driving! I haven't had any accidents since I was 16. I had a couple tiny ones on my permit. LOL!! Knock on Wood!!
15 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi everyone

I have a problem, When I drive and someone pulls up behind me It through's me into a panic! I don't
             know why this happens to me, even if I see them coming in the mirror  it just gets my panic going !
             Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I tried to turn the mirror, but then I'm
             Afraid that I won't see if I need to get out  of danger's way. I also don't like to drive fast as I feel
             like I might not be able to stop fast if I need to.  The funny thing about all this is that when I was younger
             I drove halfway across the country and never had any trouble with my driving, I was a every good driver.
             I would appreciate any suggestions on this. Thanks

Reading this thread: