Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Driving

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kimberlee,

You have received some great advice from karla!

Have you tried any of these tips?

You also mentioned that the anxiety starts while you are still at work. What can you do while you are at work to calm your anxious thoughts? Would it help to use any of these relaxation strategies while you are still at work? Perhaps begin to prepare yourself while you are at work by doing deep breathing exercises. Continue these exercises as you transition to the car ride home.

Please post and let us know what you have found helpful.
Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

i find singing along to music, having the window down, have a bottle of water there to sip. also there is the number plate game you can play by making up names on the number plate infront of you silly ones, rude ones whatever you like or make up names or add up the numbers, this particually helps when you are stuck in traffic. deep breathing will help, i used to be the same pulling over about 3-4 times on about a 30minute journey. i have got better by relaxing, but still find it difficult in traffic but do not avoid it as it makes it worse as you will never go in traffic again! I LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I experience my panic attacks driving.  I've had a couple of them when I've been driving and had to pull over.  I start at work thinking about the drive home and traffic and that's my anxious thought process.  Does anyone have any tips to relax/calm themselves while driving that might help???

Reading this thread: