Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

AAHHHHH

9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha no you made perfect sense that time. It kind of reminded me of a 1980s video game LOL. 
I am trying mindfulness now. I just bought books by Dr. Weekes.
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was a little hard without explaining. Survival skills are all negative so if you are in a "just surviving" phase there will be a lot of negative to overcome. And it will be hard. It is a shame that positives are so short lived because it takes  so much continuous use to counter the negatives that pop up so easy. It isn't one for one because every negative has related negatives for survival. Shoot one down with a positive and you are just as likely to bring up another if the trigger is still there. It takes a lot of "go aways" to make them go away, but they do. The work is worth it though.

Davit. Being clear as mud again.
Thanks Davit
I've been trying positive thinking hypnosis, avoiding the news (except for Scotland maybe winning independence this week), good shows, etc I just know each time I push myself driving that my anxiety symptoms start to skyrocket, so it's not that I wish these symptoms would happen but that they do happen. I'm trying to use CBT therapy, positive hypnosis, and humour (laughing at stuff) on a regular basis to ease my stress, oh and yoga. I notice when I am less stressed the farther I can travel.
Megski

No matter what form of CBT you do it boils down to how well you can think positive.  Everyone has the potential to get better if they really want to. But it really is about how you think. If you think you can't then you won't. It takes very little of that kind of thinking to counter a lot of positive thinking.

Davit.
Ok so basically don't let my past 2 anxiety attacks deter me from getting back in the car or walking farther. Will the panic attacks eventually go away?

Megski

I hope you are doing the program. It is a better safe harbour than moving. I'll admit I am more comfortable in this little community but panic still happened. CBT is the only answer. 
Anyway I'm glad you will be where you are happy.

Davit.
Davit, I am moving once again to a wonderful cosy town I always love to visit. Will my problems go away? NO. But do I feel safer there than here in a fairly big city with lots of unsafe people? YES.
Thanks Josie :)
10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meg,

You got this!

Keep persevering, you can do this!

Keep us updated!

Josie, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Megski

I hope you can find some work there. I know for a fact how nice it is to live where you want to. 

Davit

Reading this thread: