Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Xanax Withdrawal

14 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Davit...I will go without for 2 days now, then on 1 day. 

Lisa
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No!!!

Just take it less often. When you get down to about once a week or so then try it. Each time you fail to stop makes it harder the next time.  Patience you want to be able to stop and never want it again.

Davit.
Thanks Davit and Amj!  Yes I am noticing foods tasting better and just yesterday told my Mom that I am smelling things stronger...glad to know why now!  I am noticing I am feeling worse now the nights I take xanax and the following day I feel worse.  Does that mean that I am ready to be off the xanax?

Lisa
Lisa. 

I forgot to ask you if things have started to smell and taste and sound better. That is the really good thing about getting off Benzos. It is the other reason I never want to do them again. Of course with every thing smelling and tasting good I'm getting fat, But it is worth it. I will do the food withdrawal some other time.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa,

Thanks I am just now starting the one .125 per day. At first it was a little rocky. I think I was more afraid of the withdrawal than I was actually having it. To be honest I am not sure if I am feeling better but I know that I am feeling more like myself than I have in a few weeks. Good Luck!

XOXO
AMJ
Lisa

Glad you noticed the negative thought. The xanax will continue to do that to you for a while yet.

Davit.
I hope that you do ok Amj.  So far I have been alternating on and off with .125 mg once a day of the xanax and seem to be doing better than I expected.  It is almost like I am scared that I am feeling so good that something will go wrong.  I need to do more work on my negative thoughts!

Lisa
14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Evening,

I have been taking Xanax for about 2 months now. I learned the hard way about the withdrawal when I was taking .50mg 2x a day. I felt fine all day and assumed I didn't need only to experience my worst panic attack to date (a series of rebound attcks) that landed me in the ER. Since then I have asked my Pyschiatrist to help me wean myself off slowly but indefinetly. Now I am done to .125mg 2x a day and I feel more like myself although I am now experiencing a more or less constant state of anxiety. Hopefully this program and my pyschologist can help me with that. If you are taking Xanax please be aware of the withdrawal symptoms as my PCP did not warn me and it was one of toughtest experiences of my life. I am nervous about not taking the medication anymore but I do not want to feel like I MUST take it either. Have a good night.
Thank you for explaining it Davit!  I understand what you are saying now.  I could feel the anxiety starting a little bit today so I took my Xanax for the night and also had a couple hour nap earlier.  Both seemed to help.

Thank you Samantha!  I was very excited that I won in Court, because I was so discouraged thinking it would be a bad outcome.  I am always trying positive thinking, but it was hard to with Court!  I will definitely drink more water...I was downing the water and juice because of a urinary tract infection for about the last week.  Started slacking yesterday once the test showed the infection was gone! 

I am planning to start the adoption process soon, but am unsure if I will be able to because of the anxiety.  I am hoping that it being due to my miscarriages, that I might be able to still adopt.  It is my last hope to having children!

Thank you for the advice!

Lisa
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa,

Congratulations on your court win! Davit has offered some great feedback regarding your medication, it may be advisable to discuss side effects with your doctor as well. Your headache may have also been caused by dehydration, be sure to always drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: