Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Taking that First Step

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Silvana,

You are most welcome. I remember having trouble with that lesson too. I found it really hard to get comfortable with all the physical sensations this exercise created. Taking my time and taking the exercises one at a time and doing them till I got comfortable is really how I got through that lesson. and in the long run that lesson has helped me a lot. Now my physical sensations do not frighten me as much as they used to because I managed to "tame" them to a certain extent. I really hope this lesson helps you as much as it helped me.

15 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,
thanks for your words of encouragement.

I hope you are doing well

take care

Silvana

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Silvana,

I agree with sarah about taking them one step at a time. And take your time. It doesn't matter how long you stay on that week's program. Take your time to conquer this before moving on! Hang in there, you can do this!
Thanks Sarah, I'll try that.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
silvana,

So good to hear you are making progress.

The exercises work differently for different members. It is always useful to try each one until you feel comfortable using it and then try another and compare your comfortableness with each.

Members, what advice do you have for silvana on panic simulation exercises? What have you found helpful?

Sarah, Health Educator
Hi
I can now do the 'shake your head' exercise without worrying or getting a panic attack but it has taken me a long time to find the courage to try it again.
How many of the panic simulation exercises do I need to do? (so far I've only managed this one) and for how long? I have been stuck with Simulating Panic for weeks now!

Thanks

Silvana
Female
UK

P.S. The programme doesn't let me change the settings. I have tried a lot of times.
silvana,

Glad to hear you have found the advice helpful.

Please keep us posted on how things are going for you!

Sarah, Health Educator
Hi ihori81 and Sarah and thanks for your prompt response. I think I'll try to follow your advice and see what happens. I'll report back.

Cheers

Silvana
Silvana,

Welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Also, to change your personal profile select "Support Group Options" on the right hand side of your screen. From there you are able to add information, add a blog, and even post videos!

Members, what has your experience been with panic simulation? Has anyone experienced the same problems as silvana? How did you cope? Please share your experiences!

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Silvana,

Welcome aboard!  I had problems with the panic simulation myself.  The way I worked through it was in waves, in other words try the simulation for as long as you can feel comfortable with it, then the next day try to last longer.  Each step helps build your confidence that you can do it, until you've got it down enough to feel comfortable.

Hope I helped!
Cheers

Reading this thread: