Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Pushy boyfriend causing anxiety

8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sorry, maybe it's just too early in the morning for me to make sense of things, but do you mean that it's clear I don't see a future with this guy and that I should end things? I've been thinking the same thing, but its hard for me to disappoint people or hurt their feelings so I haven't gotten the courage to do it. Although, he told me if I couldn't make myself come to his house Saturday night, not to call him anymore. I didn't, he hasnt called, so maybe he ended it for me. ??
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of the things I've noticed from friends, and just reading decades of magazine opinions is that people have timetables for events, with goals. Those have to become explicit or things fall apart. eg. Engagement by a certain date, marriage by a date. The reality probably is that we have these dates, but aren't aware of them. Maybe we should collaborate on them? You sound clear that there in not going to be a bond, so it's only fair to say so, instead of stringing each other along. I didn't appreciate being strung along, and being called a "special friend", without the freedom to live my life as though there was a relationship with any hope. A cousin told me maybe Miss String-along was having her ego stroked, and that angered me, but put things into perspective so I could seek meaningful relationships. I guess sometimes the truth hurts, but to add another cliché, the truth will also set you free. I succumbed to pressure in the grocery marketing area, so I bought enough sugar for years, since it was on sale. Pressure's only useful in desparate situations, but what's the hurry here?
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been dating a man for the past year. We are both single parents and only spend time together on weekends. He has always tried forcing me to sleep over at his house, but I've only done so several times. I am just more comfortable at my own home. Always have been, its not so much because of my anxiety, its just how I am. My kids always have something going on or need rides, so its easier for me to be home. Today, he is making a huge deal of my not wanting to come over. Another things is, he isn't the type of person whom I feel especially safe with. No abuse lol. It's just that he's very chaotic and dramatic over every little thing and it makes me nervous. Does anyone else have relationship experiences that made their anxiety worse and any advice. I'm starting to think he and I aren't a great match even though he's super nice and has a big heart. I'm more mellow, he's more like a jack Russell terrier ha-ha. 

Reading this thread: