Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Fear

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The Ten Questions are ten questions challenging the validity of a thought. Is it true, how do you know it is true etc.
The object being to stop a negative thought from dictating an action by showing it to be the wrong control. Positive thought and negative thought are treated different by the brain. True positive thought can not reach the hippocampus fear centre to cause a panic attack. But all positive thought has a negative side, be careful you don't open this negative side by doing comparisons.

Davit
9 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You mention the "10 questions", what are those?
I am new, haven't completed all my reading, however, I am very interested to know what 10 questions you are discussing in regard to STOPPING the fear, as I know for me so much of my panic and thus attacks are mainly because I cant STOP the fear .
Thank you in advance. 

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara.

In the centre of your brain are two glands called Hippocampus. (look like Sea Horses) This is where fear is controlled. It is also where fear causes your symptoms. 
Remove fear and it has no reason to panic or to cause any of the symptoms related to your fear. 
To do this use the ten questions to keep signals from going to it since it reacts strongly to negative thought. Positive thought it sends to a different part of the brain.
So yes, remove fear and you remove panic. This is how "want to" works for Agoraphobia.

Davit
9 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is it true, if you take Away FEAR, you take away the panic? 

Reading this thread: