Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

my symptoms of anxiety in past

9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit131,
I understand what your dealing with.  Of course, I don't claim to have an answer for your situation. I can only tell you my story and I how I'm dealing with my own work anxiety: I work at an extremely stressful job in the electrical industry.  My decisions can directly affect the safety and lives my co-workers. When my anxiety / panic attacks began I often left work to go to the hospital and/or doctor because I had a great fear that something was terribly wrong and I was going to drop dead at any point.  I also had some of the same symptoms; increased pounding heartbeat, restlessness, confusion, unreality, light headedness, an uncontrollable shaking. I'm sure I too was a topic of discussion and laughter for those around me.  I seriously dreaded going to work and embarrassing myself day after day - I considered quitting, but I knew I had an obligation to provide for my family.  So, I stuck it out - suffering every day and doing my best to hide my anxiety.  Finally, I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and medicated. After a few weeks I began to feel like I had a little bit of control.  I openly discussed my situation with my co-workers offering an explanation for my odd behavior.  Through conversation I found that I was not alone as an anxiety sufferer.  It turns out there are many people with similar conditions and they just needed someone to open up and offer some time to listen to their story.  Now, my anxiety has become a source of laughter for all of us. I'm quick to tell them to watch out, "I could freak out at any moment!" I know anxiety/panic is no laughing matter but it helps me get through each day and my co-workers have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with.  They are often quick to console me and offer help when they notice I'm having an "anxiety" day.  I hope you find your way back to the job you want and I wish you the very best.
9 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Almost 2 yrs back I left my job because my anxiety was getting over me.
My symptoms of anxiety were as follows-
1.Increased heart beat
2.Restlessness
3.Extreme fear of boss bully
4.Extreme fear of colleagues;they comment was on my anxiety and I was the centre of discussion
5.Confusion;inability to take decision
6.Very much depressed in morning time when I have to leave for office;extreme feel of nausea.Due to this no breakfast in 
   morning
7.Sweat all times due to fear
8.Severe weight loss.Seemed to be thin & lean.

So I was not left with any option but to quit my good job.Now I am doing a job of low profile & less salary.
But my mind is stable now.Almost all symptoms of anxiety are gone now.I feel happiness & also enjoy life.
My personality was something that was not able to hold the work pressure at my job.
I again want to join for a good job.But past failures and anxiety prevents me doing that.
Pl suggest how to make strong from inner so that I again feel myself confident to return for a good job.
Any body gone thru this kind of situation;pl suggest
Thanks for reading & suggestions

rohit131

Reading this thread: