Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Getting treatment for Agoraphobia

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The forms include brief instructions and a few headings. If you just mark the headings down on a piece of paper or note book that would work just as well. You could also keep the headings in a word processor if you're more likely to use the computer. 

Let us know how your first week of tracking goes!
Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually, I'd prefer to avoid medication. I'll definitely look at the program since I haven't had much of a chance yet, though I did read a bit of the first part of it. I saw that it said I would need to print things out. Is there an alternative to this since I lack a printer? If not, I can buy one. Thank you!

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

You are not alone in this. We are all here to support you. I am sorry to hear you have been struggling this for the past five years. Agoraphobia can be so debilitating.

This program is based on cognitive behaviour therapy principles which is one of the best treatments for anxiety disorders. I would suggesting working this program first and then assessing your need for further treatment. The program takes a lot of work but if you put the effort in you should notice a difference  within a few sessions. Have you had a chance to take a look at it yet?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Morphingjar90

Not enough information. And because of this I am going to assume you want to get medication since CBT can be done without the help of a Therapist and in fact some places Therapists make house calls or work by phone. 

Davit
10 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. I have had agoraphobia for the past five years. I'm constantly thinking I have something seriously wrong with me, though I'd likely be dead by now if it were a serious illness, so it must be anxiety. I haven't been able to leave my house in a few years, and when I do, I must use a wheelchair because the sensation is so severe that I'll fall to the ground and nearly convulse. This is so humiliating that I generally don't go out much. I feel like I'm all alone, though I know many others unfortunately have similar problems. My question is, how am I supposed to get treatment when I'm too afraid to go out?

Reading this thread: