Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Dizziness

10 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara, I am there with you.  Anything new or unusual happening with my body is a trigger to start the panic cycle for me.  Being a woman in my 40s - there are a lot of new and unusual things happening!  The gift is this program is recognizing what my mind is doing - and getting out of the panic cycle if possible.  Honestly, it sometimes takes longer than other times, but by and large, my brain is cooperating nicely!  It took lots of practice!

But, boy seeing the word "dizziness" really brought me back.  You see, my first panic attack happened after I legitimately had something wrong with me (I was hospitalized for dehydration - a symptom of which was dizziness).  So, after that, every time I was dizzy, I thought that I was dehydrated again - but I wasn't, I was experiencing anxiety.  It took many doctor's visits and ultimately working with a therapist AND going through this program to make all of the connections. 

And Red, Hello!!  I think of you and many of the other wonderful folks I met when I was going through the program often.  I hope that this message finds you well.  Best wishes to you!
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi carmie..Just stopped by and had to sign in and say it's good to hear from you.

Red..

10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Carmie, I'm glad your doing better. I still get the dizziness and at times because I panic about it it causes me anxiety. I have healthy anxiety so any symptoms that feel weird to me get me anxious...

10 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:

I'm stopping by for a visit and this subject caught my attention.  Before I found out that I was suffering from anxiety, I was dizzy often, to the point where I didn't like to leave my chair.  After learning CBT and following this program, my anxiety lessened tremendously and the dizziness went away - mostly - but I still get dizzy from time to time.  Because I've ruled out other causes with my doctor, I feel confident about dismissing the dizziness now when it happens. 

I notice that I'm dizzy once a month, which leads me to believe that the presence or lack of certain hormones at certain times causes me to become more anxious.  It still bothers me - but not at all like it used to.

Best wishes to all!
10 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara,

Dizziness can be due to a lot of different things but it is also a very common anxiety symptom.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

People with an anxiety disorder or who have had one have a skill that is a skill even though you can't get a diploma for it. It is a skill just like carpentry or mechanics. It is the capability to make simple things worse in a big way. Not much different from art or mathematics. A function of the brain, just one we don't want.
So you can see where it can be hard to tell if any symptom is real or anxiety or a combination of both.
A person might start off a bit dizzy from a natural cause and if you have straight A's on your anxiety diploma like me, you can make it a whole lot worse than it is. But on the other hand you can make it less if it is anxiety because that too is another learned skill that we really should be issued diplomas for. 
Some things can not be undone. Like breaking a leg, you can fix it but the fact remains for ever that you broke it and could do it again and will always know what it feels like to break a leg. Where as the person who has never can not know how it feels. 
It seems to be a fact that people who have had an anxiety disorder visit their symptoms to see if they are still there or they develop new ones just like me feeling the pins in my leg or thinking that if I'm not careful I could break it again. The difference is that it is far easier to shrug off the broken leg thought because the broken leg lasted far less time than the anxious thoughts and is less established in the memory. All a person can do is keep on with the positive thoughts and try to ignore the symptoms unless they are obviously for a physical reason which dizziness could be. It certainly doesn't hurt to check that it isn't from a plugged sinus or an inner ear infection. Or too much coffee. Low blood sugar.
Low blood pressure. Coffee can be a double whammy in that it can make you dizzy and anxious enough to make it worse.

The nurses at the hospital have a standing joke about me. I don't dare say I'm dizzy because they say isn't that a natural state with me.

Davit.
Hi Davit, these anxiety dizzy feeling has returned or maybe I'm just paying attention to them again. They are like what I had when I was going trhough my anxiety months... It scares me sometimes but maybe that's the problem?
Hi Davit, these anxiety dizzy feeling has returned or maybe I'm just paying attention to them again. They are like what I had when I was going trhough my anxiety months... It scares me sometimes but maybe that's the problem?
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

I get it some times when I'm stressed, and I'm supposed to be cured. I just let it pass because I know I'm healthy in any respect that would cause it. It is a nuisance though. I'm a bit that way tonight because a good friend is thinking of doing something I would not if I was her.

Davit
Hi everyone just wondering if I can some feedback. Since I was diagnosed with low iron stores I've been feelin dizzy kind of off balance, but only last seconds. I've been getting them back lately. This is the only symptom I have left from this anxiety if this is what it is. I've been to my doctors and they said that's I'm perfectly healthy and just low iron stores but good hemoglobin and that this could not be causing my off balance feeling. It usually starts 1 weeks before my period. And I know that it's not all the time because when I'm busy or when in playing volleyball I don't have it. Does anyone else get this? Could this be an anxiety symptom? Because I usually get it when I start thinking of my health or anxiety. 

Feed back would be appreciated. Thank you:) 

Reading this thread: