Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

positive practices against anxiety

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rohit,

Congratulations on how far you have come. Meditation and yoga are wonderful, healthy coping mechanisms and it takes dedication to maintain the practice. Good for you!

This entire program can help you face challenging situations. I encourage you to start at the beginning. I think the session on exposure will be especially helpful for you but it is important to work up to it.  Have you had a chance to work on the program? Any questions?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit

How you challenge them may be the problem since fighting against anxiety doesn't work. Trying to challenge and avoid at the same time doesn't work. This is a form of fighting against them and only increases the attention of them. Accepting they are there and contesting their right to be there does work. It decreases the attention they get. It is like saying okay, I know you are there but you are not important. See this is a challenge, but not a fight. You don't have to stay on guard where you would if you just fight against them by trying to avoid them.

Does this make sense.

Davit 
10 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
An year back I came to know that I have anxiety problem.On challanging situations I seemed to loose control on myself,my face reflects that I m getting anxious & being noticed in public.
I started practicing two things.One is breath relaxation technique,yoga & meditation.I m practicing it continous for last 4-5 months & I feel it is a positive practice against anxiety.
The other practice is flight against challanging situation.I start avoiding challanging situations.But that is not meant for long term.
Is there any method which helps us to stand firm even in challanging situations?
I start challanging my anxious thoughts but it works sometimes and many times not.
any suggestions?
rohit131

Reading this thread: