Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Getting Better

10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Vincenza.

What helped me was to realize that what I felt was merely from thoughts and nothing else. All this time I dwelled on having a medical issue, a disease or a disorder when all along I was perfectly healthy physically but mentally I was making myself sick. I thought of things that would make me depressed and anxious when all along the cure was within myself, challenging and gathering evidence for all my thoughts that were really just scaring me.

I almost have my normal like back although I still have some anxiety, especially that I'm starting a new job in two weeks and scared that anxiety might make me not want to work again.

Mind over mood I guess is how I go about my day. So far it's working.
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara423, 

So great to hear that you see some improvements with your anxiety and panic.  It sounds like you've been mindful of challenging negative thoughts that cross your mind.  What else would you attribute your progress to?  

I'm curious to know what you have been motivated to do since your anxiety symptoms have diminished?
Keep it up Cara, I'm sure you will reach the point that Davit described as discovering one day you are simply better. 

Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara

You won't actually know when you are getting better other than to discover one day you are. It just goes away. As for the adrenaline that is being produced every time you check to see if the anxiety is still there. Catch 22. If you look for it it will produce symptoms and the symptoms will produce more anxiety. If you are going to look then look for how many days it has been gone, not how often it happens.
You are doing very good for such a short period of time, just let it happen, it will. Just keep using your coping and relaxation skills and it will go away as your mind adjusts to the new conditions.

Davit
10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, 

I've only had two small anxious moments this week and I see some progress in my anxiety and panic attacks. Also, I've gotten some of my motivation back by simply not fearing my anxiety symptoms. I've learnt to live with them since they don't last a long time, and I try to challenge or distract my thoughts and feelings and give it no attention.

How do you know your getting better, or completely over your anxiety?

Also, how come even though you feel calm and relaxed there's still some anxious moments? Is it because your body still has adrenaline lingering in your body?

Reading this thread: