Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Strange sensation under left lower rib

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing this with us Teebs.

It seems this sensation is relatively common. already two here have experienced it.

If you are at all concerned with the symptom please pay a visit to your doctor.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs:  yes, I have had that, a kind of pressure the left rib, under the left breast.  I still get that every now and then.  My doc says women often get it and told me it is usually a muscle acting up because we've been tense for awhile.  It doesn't really hurt but you can feel it and it is annoying.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teebs

I get air spasms in that area, and it is funny but it only happens on that side and actually hasn't happened in a while. There is no pain just a spasm that feels like there is air there. There isn't because I know how much that would hurt.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For the last week and a half or so I've had a strange sensation off and on under my left lower rib. It started out like a muscle twitch, and then some soreness for a few days. My acupuncturist said the point where I'm feeling this exactly corresponds to one of the lesser known anxiety points, and indeed after my appointment the sensation went away for four days. Now it's starting to come back again, and I'm not really sure how to describe it - it's not pain, or soreness, it just feels....weird.

Of course being a worrier I've searched about this online and it seems to occur often for people with stress and anxiety, so I'm pretty sure that's what this is for me too. I was just wondering if anyone here has had this as well? The only reason I think it's odd is that I've never had this before despite dealing with lots of anxiety in the past!

Reading this thread: