Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

anxiuous when being questioned

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know my social anxiety did not start until the anxiety did about 2 months ago. Now I feel as if everyone is looking at me funny. I know it's my imagination, cuz they problably can't tell how anxious and sweaty and dizzy I feel. I don't notice an increase in anxiety when being questioned, but I think that my anxiety level is so high it don't make a difference.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sonia,

Welcome to the forums! Well, I find being questioned difficult too as I am often afraid to answer something ridiculous. But it gets better. I do much better now with it. 

I agree with Joe and Karen, you really should try the program here, itis quite good!

Again, welcome!
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sonia,

Welcome to the site!  I definitely have the issues you have, though mine is social anxiety...so they don't even need to ask questions for me to start up with anxiety.

Like Karen said though, try out the program here.  The program has a wealth of tools you can use to overcome the fear, and the board has plenty of people who can relate to what you're going through.

Anywho, look forward to seeing you around the board!

Cheers!

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sonia,

Have you gone through the program yet?  You will find many tips for exposure work that can help you overcome anxiety provoking situations.  Check out your toolbox and let us know if you need help or require some feedback.

Jdm,

Box breathing and deep muscle relaxation are helpful techniques that can help reduce the panic symptoms you describe.  The instructions can be found in your toolbox.  Let us know it these exercise help.

Hang in there!

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone,

last night i coudlnt sleep again I too suffer from this symptoms and i was put on the waiting list as well, its a piss off because i was supposed to be in a group of class last week already and when i called them they said the classes starts in march now. I was expecting to bee in there already. I hate waking up every morning and i think its the worse time for me, because i panic and i have this habit of thinking that im gonna stop breathing or something. This is killing me the only way to stop it is to drink lorazapam but its takes a long time to kick in. Sometimes the med doesnt work and its so fraustrating and im scared of being alone in my house i mean i use to love staying home by myself before now its scares me. Whats wrong wit me its so hard enjoying the day im always worrying 24/7. Please someone help me i dont know to do anymore im so scared of feeling sick i wanna enjoy my days again, its sux because i feel theres no hope for me and no one can't help me with this. I feel like cyring everyday i hope you guys are feeling better. As im writting this im feeling anxious so it was kinda hard to write hope you guys understand what im goin through plz help.....thanks

hi Silvana!thank you for the reply!I have this issue often because of my body response: butterflies and stomach bad feelings!Today I tested something: I tried to keep my stomach like when you do abdominal exercises and the butterflies disappeared!It really worked.I will try with the witty answers, too but sometimes my brain cannot react and is like a blank page ....And of course after the event the witty answers come....when I am all chilled and don't think anymore about my body sensations.
 My problem is that I think too much sometimes and lose my spontaneity.
I was not always like this, for example at 14 years old I was very cheerful and spontaneous. The more I grew the more I tried to be another person and  now at 22 when I try to be the same as some years ago I find just an anxious and unsecure girl.I want so much to be less shy and not panic ....

15 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sonia,
I get the same thing. I don't like it when people ask me questions especially people I don't know. I guess it's because I am quite a reserved person or perhaps it's because I feel they might judge me for not being how they expect me to be. 
Do you think it could be the same for you?

The advice I can give you (this is what I normally do) is to come up with a witty answer they don't expect, it usually shuts them up. Good Luck! But don't worry too much about it they don't mean any harm.

Hello everybody!!
Did it happen to you to be anxious when people ask you questions?This is one of my biggest reason why I get anxious.Especially when a stranger asks me many questions at once and I don't expect to be asked something.
How can I control this anxiety when it comes?why do I have it when people ask me questions?especially more personal or unexpected questions?Please, give me some advice

Reading this thread: