Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Overcoming doubt

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Crabby.  That's exactly what I'm going through, and what I needed to hear.  Still pushing forward in spite, but it can be annoying, and sometimes debilitating, to constantly hear that something has been conquered and I should be able to move on, when in fact, it's a day to day thing.  But like you say, as long as I keep trying.

Faryal:  I do believe self doubt can help a person strive to better themselves, though I'm currently working on finding that spot in between a good push, and an over push.  Meaning a push in the right direction, not necessarily a downward one.  So long as I have breath, I'll keep striving for it...after all, nothing good comes easy.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jhori82,   Your question is so deep and real and fascinating.   I believe every single person experiences self-doubt in some way or another. On a tiny scale, this may help us to always strive to enhance ourselves. On the other end of the spectrum, as CrabbyRoad says, it transforms into self-criticism.   Members, lets read your thoughts on this.     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My self doubt for me seems to be more associated with this disorder. I'm agoraphobic, and even though I feel intelligent, a rational person, try to view things from all sides (exception to those thoughts with panic that linger), if  I make an achievement, it is quite often believed by family members that hurdle should be crossed off my list, and should be able to do every single day. So I become more critical of myself, if I fail to be able to make it to the grocery store, with anticipatory anxiety, knowing if I get one mile from home, it will explode to massive panic. No matter how I try to explain that each day is a different day, they don't understand that because you can expand your zone, that all fear is not gone. It is something that needs constant attempts, some successes, some will be failures, but as long as I keep trying.    
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So this isn't a revelation or epiphany of mine, more a question.  I tend to have just as much doubt in myself as I do confidence.  Doubt usually creeps in as an afterthought, so hindsight isn't always a good thing to me.

What's everyone's thought on self doubt and ways to deal with it within themselves?

Reading this thread: