Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,474 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Does this happen to you

16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been trying to follow the progam, I printed out all the notes and I try read them when i feel panicky, then i know its going to be ok. I have to read the notes often to feel any sense of getting better. My husband sat in on my session with the psycologist and that helped a huge amount, He has a bit more of an understanding not to be annoyed when I get anxious, but to be supportive, and not be too hard on me.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Time to learn how to start challenging those anxious thoughts! We encourage you to continue working through the program, session 2 & 3 are particularly helpful with this issue. Keep persevering! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's hard for me to believe that there's nothing wrong with me and if there is a slight discomfort in my body I feel and fear there is something wrong with me. I guess I feel like I should keep track of my body so I can detect illnesses before it's too late. Which makes me anxious.
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, You know, I felt like that, I thought I had one disease, then when that issue cleared up, I thought I had another illness that made me weak also, and then went on until I finally dealt with it with a counsellor and got to the bottom of this fear. I remember how scary it was thinking all these things and upset I would get with myself. I'd found out that I had certain triggers that would start up an "illness" and then I would fly with it. Now, I understand these triggers and how it affects me. I remember saying to myself also, "why can't I just be happy and content with what I have", now to a point, I am with the help of a counsellor, this program and understanding my triggers. I hope this helps....Maggie :)
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Each month or so I have a new "illness". One month I thought I had asthma and I couldn't breath...Well the lump in my throatand all of the symptoms dissapeared magically and now I believe I have some kind of disease that is making me weak... but whenever I get over one illness and I start to feel better I jump to another one. It's almost like I just can't allow myself to live in peace and just be happy. I think it's ridiculous. I had always been a strong person. It had me so upset the other day I started screaming at myself in the middle of the craft store...The people must have really thought I was nuts....LOL ( maybe it's really not that funny)

Reading this thread: