Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

HI Group

22 years ago 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sure, Maria :) I fully appreciate your experience and respect it as well as that of the others. What will be most helpful to new people is to help them plan the strategies to deal with their particular panic attacks, like mantras, self-talk, baby steps, relaxation, etc, rather than on what's wrong or may be wrong.
22 years ago 0 198 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Anne-Marie, I believe, part of the problem at hand is we who have suffered, have a vast store of knowledge about the subject of 'panic disorder' - after all, we are out here dealing with it everyday! Taking it further, we know exactly what many of the 'new comers'(so to speak) are feeling. I think in the majority of the posts therein is a wonderful outpouring of genuine concern for each other. If you have a moment, could you elaborate on how you wish us to react to someone terrified at night, at work and all of the other dramatic implications, symptoms & situations the members have presented. I truly am not sure how to proceed. Thank you, I remain sincerely yours, Maria
22 years ago 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A little word of caution. We must be careful not to diagnose or to appear to diagnose. The support group's goal is to help people find solutions they can manage with the help of their therapist and on their own. Let's focus our help to assist people to find steps to begin making progress. Thanks. :) -- Anne-Marie, Site Administrator

Reading this thread: