Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Challenging anxiety

17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you people for your support :) The thing with me is that I do not have panic attacks without any reason anymore. When it all started, I had panic attacks almost every day and because of no reason. Now I somehow have learned how to deal with them I don't have them anynmore. Now I have only 1 essential fright- flying by planes because of claustrophobic feeling. But what I have come to is that I am no more stressed about no possibility to escape from a plane, get out of it but because of my hands tingling. I somehow concentrate on this unpleasant feeling. When I have a little panic, my hands start to tingle and when I have a strong panic, they tingle so much it's VERY unpleasant. I am feeling like dying. lol So, all the previous years I have fought with my anxiety step by step. It is my motto- step by step! It helps. Now only 1 fear is left (my biggest one). I do really hope that I will overcome it but at the moment I am quite afraid! When I see a plane in the sky, I am observing it (lol) and imagining that I am there. Very often my hands are sweaty just because of thinking.
17 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Madara! Just wanted to let you know that I am a life long panicker. I took Paxil for 7 years and other types of relaxers but the panic never went away until I started challenging my anxious thoughts. The program will teach you how to do that. I still have anxiety some days, but not nearly as bad as it was, and not nearly as often. When it does pop up, I start to challenge the thoughts with the info I have learned here, and it does help. It is not instant, but keep at it and I promise it will help!! Vickers4
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyday until then try to challenge your anxiety about taking the plain, it cannot hurt and it most likely will help you a lot :) -Diva
Thanks. Now I got that. I am now in session 3 and I have already printed out 10 questions which are advised to challenge anxiety. I will try to work with them! I don't know how they will work for me because I am really stressed, low and unhappy before my travel by plane which is in May. I feel like I cannot make myself free of this inner pressure. I know, it will end when I overcome my claustrophobic feeling at an airplane. Only then...:(( But till that...:(
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, You're welcome! If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. Danielle ______________________ The PC Support Team
Thank you!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, The second and third session of the program will help you in this area. Session 2 will help you understand anxious thoughts and session three will teach you how to challenge them. Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
I've read here and heard from others that it is advisable to challenge anxiety (for example, when panic starts). What is meant by "challenge anxiety"? Is like I am saying to myself :"OK, I am afraid. I feel anxiety. Come anxiety, show me what you are etc.?" lol :D Does it work for you?

Reading this thread: