Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

STOMACH PROBELMS

17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ps I forgot to say, read through the information on this website as there is a part that really calms your fears about fainting explaining how the body simply will not shut down when your anxious as the adrenalin means it is revving up for action. It explains the medical reasons why you shouldn't worry about fainting and if you understand that then it really helps.
17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! I too have experienced similar stomach problems, my stomach would get bloated and really hard for no reason, people would ask if i was pregnant as im fairly tiny but had this huge pot belly. My doctor thought i might have a wheat intolerance but turned out not to have. I also get extremely bad stomach aches and feel very very sick for no reason. I think this is a very common effect of panic and anxiety. Have you talked to your doctor about it because I'm sure there is a lot you can do to combat it. With regard to your flight have you tried Bachs rescue remedy? You spray it onto your tongue to instantly calm you, its totally natural made from flowers. Im not sure if its psychological but it really calms me down. you can do some great courses for fear of flying i think Virgin has one. Also do you do a relaxation or breathing cd or tape at all? If you learn some simple breathing exercises to calm and distract you then you can use them in situations where you start to panic and concentrating on them really helps take your mind of things. I would also suggest taking a walkman or ipod and tons of books, puzzles and magazines as keeping busy stops your mind racing and panic starting. Maybe you could tell a stewardess you are a nervous flier, last time I flew I was in tears with the fear and the stewardess really took care of me. Sitting in an aisle seat helps as you feel you can escape if you need to and your not gazing out of the window. you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for getting on that plane, I havent flown for 6 years due to my anxiety about it so youve made the most important step by booking that ticket and actually being brave enough to conquer your fears. Good luck let me know how you do.
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jo, Have you worked through the program? Perhaps bringing the printable version of the workbook along with you on the flight would help? Again, some members find visualization exercises helpful of the trigger. When anxiety levels rise, stop, try to challenge your thoughts & anxiety. If you don't succeed, stop and try again later. Work through the different scenarios of your flight. Could it be your stomach is acting up because of your increasing anxiety? Have you ever experienced this before? Members, Lets help this member prepare for her flight. Give her some advice based on your experiences. Danielle _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anyone get a bloated windy stomach with their anxiety, my tummy for the past few days has felt a bit bloated like there is air stuck sometimes and a bit windy (sorry? Also any advice on keeping the nerves at bay I am going on holiday in a few days and am extremley nervous about the flight (long flight)keep have images of fainting and freaking out in a major panic and am scared that as it is in my mind the though of it all that it will happen.

Reading this thread: