Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

negative thought againnnnn

18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
None of your thoughts sound odd to me. I often worry I am going to have a heart attack. It gets quite bothersome. I also worry about car crashes and catastrophic occurrances. These are all common with an active mind. I wish I could do yoga 24/7. Then I'd have peace of mind. The worst worry I have right now is more panic attacks. But I am fighting this, and with a lot of help from my fiance. It's inside 13 days until our marriage and I am sure that's where a lot of my anxiety is coming from. Keep up the fight.
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, yeah I used to be worried that my heart would stop, usually at night time. Actually it used to be at pretty much the same time every night for awhile (around 3am) and I would wake up pretty freaked out! I try not too worry about it too much anymore. I just tell myself that theres no use worrying about it and I'm better off thinking about other things. Sometimes I try and think about the fact that at the very moment I'm worrying about my heart stopping it is actually still going, and going pretty strong! I try and remind myself that when our hearts speed up during panic attacks, its no worse than doing a bit of exercise. hope you are all going well take care, Kieran
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have the same problem.. I always think that my heart is beating toooo fat and I am going to die from it..Hate that feeling
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think many of us have anxiety related to our hearts because it is something we can feel - the beating. And when we think about it it goes faster and then we think about it more. Take encouragement from the fact you are not alone in this.
18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI everyone. This is gonna sound silly. But do you ever think that your heart is gonna stop beating? I dont knwo why, but yesterday all of a sudden this thought popped into my head and IT WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. I'm so sick of this. I know this is not possible. But i keep convincing myself that it is. I'm so tired of this ....i really am. How can i take control over these negative thoughts.....they are killing me here.

Reading this thread: