Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,691 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Negative thoughts and images

18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Josie, Gina and Carol for replying to my important post! I do feel better knowing that I am not alone. Its just these stupid thoughts that bother me. And the weird thing is, I realize how INSANE these thoughts are.....but I STILL let them scare me. Thats why I get so scared and angry, because i feel like i'm so stupid when i think of these silly things. But i'm trying by best to use your advice. Replacing the negative thougths with a positive one seems hard, but not impossible. Every time i think a crazy thought like that, i will do my best to think a positive thought. Its truly hard, but i will force myself to! thanks Gina. Carol, i'm soooooooooooooooooo proud of you. I really look up to you for being strong and independent. U can do this! And u are almost there.......the light at the end of the tunnel. I really believe that ALL of us can do this no matter how weak we think we are. My sister told me yesterday on my birthday that there is some light inside of you. There is strength and power inside of everyone.......but we just have to realize it, and USE it. So I want everyone to close their eyes, feel this light deep within themselves.......and use this positive light to heal yourself. I know we can do it!!! Thanks for posting again! I feel better :)
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carol, What great progress! Please take the time to put your story within the success story forum for all to read. We can all learn from one another and seeing your success can give hope to others. Congratulations :) Josie _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. I found your post quite interesting. Many of us have so much in common! I also get negative images and just assumed everyone does. Like when I'm driving, I imagine that I drive off the road, or into the wrong lane. I'm not tempted to at all, its just the weird thought just pops into my head. If my son is late coming home, I have his funeral already planned and I am upset. One night he slept at his friends without telling me (he is 20!)It was late and he didn't want to call me because I was having so many attacks that week. Anyhow, in the morning, when I realized he wasn't home I refused to answer the phone because I imagined it would be the police saying they found our car crashed. Today, that thought seems crazy yet a week ago when I was in the midst of steady panic feelings it seemed almost reasonable! I read with interest the other post about just letting the panic attack come on, just experience it. I was getting them at night and then after doing lesson one on this site and some extra reading, I just let the panic attack come on, I didn't fight it at all. I thought I may die, or I may not but I let it come. I thought it would be violent like most of my attacks. But amazingly, it was not much. They came 3 in row that night. Each one I let wash over me and experienced it. After that I did not fight the night time attacks. I felt scared, and uneasy, but I had enough control to let them go through me. Yesterday, for the first time in weeks, I had no night time panic attacks! I was thrilled when I woke up. Also today, I had an anxious 15 minutes waiting in the doctors office but I made it. As well, the goal I set on another site. Of going to swiming lessons again with my kids on this thursday. I did it too!. I was a tiny bit anxious and my head felt a little dizzy. But that was it. I feel like I am getting my life back again. So, to all of you who are in the midst of it. Hang in there! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was a real bad case for about a month. Really intense fear and panic. I thought I would end up in the mental hospital it was so bad. I really had hit bottom. But with my husband's determination to coach me through this and with my faith that God was with me, I am climbing out of this hole of panic.
18 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
angel, i have the same problem. i live that everyday. you arent alone.i wish i could give yo advice but i am right where you are at.when i feel i might die .i try to talk myself out of it.it is alot of work but the minute you wake up you have to start positive thinking.like i am going to have a great day or i am a safe driver and my car has air bags if anything might happen.everytime something negitive pops up in your mind replace it with something positive easy to say. its alot of work.i used to see songs to myself in the shower . make up my own words positive ones.ever since my friend was murdered i am depressed and anxiety is my middle name.i feel lost all the time. my mom said its shock but its not going away.angel good luck i hope you feel better. remeber think positive gina
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, Have you tried relaxation techniques? What about breathing techniques? For tonight, prepare by reducing your anxiety level as much as you can. Try a hot bath, some soothing music or a warm beverage? Tomorrow do sign up for the Panic Diary where you can record your daily level of anxiety. You can also find how helpful it is to use breathing techniques to help you deal with your panic and anxiety. The Panic Program can help you understand more and may help you go about challenging your thoughts. Take this step by step and learn that you are a beautiful person. Post with us and let us know how you are doing. Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. I have a tendency to ALWAYS think negative thoughts about myself and others. For example, I wake up thinking that maybe today i will get into a severe car accident. Or i think something bad will happen to my parents. Or another thing that is bothering me this week is: Its my birthday soon. And i keep thinking stupid thoughts like this is my last birthday. Or something bad will happen to me and I will die........so these are the last candles i will blow out on a cake. WHYYYYYYYYY why cant i just be normal for Gods sake. Why cant i think positive and ENJOY my birthday or other events rather than sit here and think of bad images. Or when i'm driving, i imagine a bad accident. I cant ttake this anymore. I really cant. I just want to enjoy my life. I mean i am only in my 20's and i feel like I am not living my life to the fullest. Does anyone think like this too? Plz help. :(

Reading this thread: