Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Having an anxiety day

9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi 

Thank you foxman. thank you Ashley . I will check it out . i am now trying to get into a healthier life style through diet and exercise i feel like maybe i can start loving that like i loved the party ..... a more positive lifestyle to get into....
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junes,

I am sorry to hear you were having an anxious day. Feeling anxious can be a big trigger for many. What do you do to manage this anxiety? What are your strategies? If you would like to explore some new strategies I suggest you take a look at our sister site: www.paniccenter.net. It is A cognitive behaviour therapy program that you might find helpful. I suggest reading the section on relaxation techniques first.

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't drank since but these anxiety days are so hard. don't mean to be a bummer just had to let it out .

Yes, for me, alcohol gave me courage and removed my shyness and became serene, unfortunately as my drinking progressed, alcohol stopped working for me. Worse yet, after I stopped drinking back in 2006 I couldn't handle my emotions. Thats where the 12 steps of AA helped me. Today acceptance of life situations is the key, as long as i am rooted in the being, I am good, if not it clearly impacts the serenity. I come back.

An except from "A new Earth":

NOT MINDING WHAT HAPPENS

J. Krishnamurti, the great Indian philosopher and spiritual teacher, spoke and traveled almost continuously all over the world for more than fifty years attempting to convey through words which are content – that which is beyond words, beyond content. At one of his talks in the later part of his life, he surprised his audience by asking, “Do you want to know my secret?” Everyone became very alert. Many people in the audience had been coming to listen to him for twenty or thirty years and still failed to grasp the essence of his teaching. Finally, after all these years, the master would give them the key to understanding. “This is my secret,” he said. “I don't mind what happens.”

He did not elaborate, and so I suspect most of his audience were even more perplexed than before. The implications of this simple statement,
however, are profound. When I don't mind what happens, what does that imply? It implies that internally I am in alignment with what happens. “What happens,” of course, refers to the suchness of this moment, which always already is as it is. It refers to content, the form that this moment – the only moment there ever is – takes. To be in alignment with what is means to be in a relationship of inner nonresistance with what happens. It mean not to label it mentally as good or bad, but to let it be. Does this mean you can no longer take action to
bring abut change in your life? On the contrary. when the basis for your actions is inner alignment with the present moment, your actions become empowered by the intelligence of Life itself.

The 12 steps of AA helped me get there. I am have to say, I am still work in progress but atleast the obsession to drink has been removed.
9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone

Today i am full of anxiety just about everything, its annoying; I have so much going on and a lot has to do with my past drinking i really messed up last year. and now still dealing with everything . I haven't drank since but these anxiety days are so hard. don't mean to be a bummer just had to let it out .

Reading this thread: